ladaspeeds panzerwaka

ThePog

Just come into possession up this massive chunk of germany;

006.jpg

003.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

1989 200k miles, runs like clockwork. It has a 3 litre straight 6 with 180 turbine like horses and all the torque in the world. It take a bit to get it going but then it just surges on and on - lush. It is a 7 seater too...

It has been sitting for a couple of years with one of the windows slightly down and prior to that was used by a horse chick as a chaff, dog and poo transporter by the looks. As a result it smells.....fruity. Mildew with just a hint of shit.

it needs some work as a result;

- oil and filter

- the drivers seat wouldn't move so i pulled it out today and greased the runners/welded up a broken bit, all sweet now including height adjust

- Regassing the rear hatch struts (have already taken these out, wasn't too much of a mish, just had to dismantle the entire fucking interior)

- a couple of door indent thingies are fucked

- better stereo and speakers

- find/install rear window switch - got a man with this sort of stuff in one of his 40 odd mercs :D

- find the trim for the rear hatch that has the handle moulded in, or go to bunnings and buy a drawer handle and screw the bitch on.

- Maybe re hook up the heater aux pump, this has been bypassed for some reason

- a full interior groom and deodorise.

- find a towbar.

- find some front seatbelt sockets - they are so full up with chaff and crap that they are difficult to engage.

- many more irritating little things.

Fuck it is lush.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was actually looking for a Vulva 740/760/940/960, but one of the boys at work convinced me that something like this would be a better bet all round as he has had a fair amount of experience with them. The internet says that they are very very good/reliable and the internet is never wrong. Was cheap as chips too...

In theory if it works out ok, this will be my daily.

Took it in for a service today, needed 2 litres of tranny juice :doubt:

Also went in for a wheel alignment but apparently the camber bolts on one side are fucked. Have sourced some hopefully.

Also tried to regas the hatch struts = fail. Brand newies are 160 each, so will probly just bite the pillow on this one.

In other news either the car is smelling less smelly or my nasal sensory equipment has shut down in frank disbelief of the conditions it is being forced to endure. My wife will no longer ride in it and tells me I am fucked in the head, either way it is a win IMO.

At ease soldier.

I don't know what it is about it, but that straight 6 looks unusually long. Is it mounted a bit further forward or something.

Anyway, cool wags, must be one of the first ggerrman wagoneers

For a 3 litre it is seriously huge, but the dizzy sits out the front of the cam and has a cover so makes it all look much longer than it actually is.

Everything on it is overbuilt 2x for extra thirst.

It feels pretty stylish to drive, I have a tweed flat cap to enhance the impression of fat snobby arsehole for lols - seems to work well for me.

I have a trip to Hokitika lined up in a couple of weeks, see how we get on then...

I have one of these in sedan form.

Worst car (mechanically) i ever owned. lada was better than this thing.

When it runs however, its good fun. slides alright for a big auto open diff'd whale. Quite quick when it decides to put all the power its capable of making to the wheels.

I have one of these in sedan form.

Worst car (mechanically) i ever owned. lada was better than this thing.

When it runs however, its good fun. slides alright for a big auto open diff'd whale. Quite quick when it decides to put all the power its capable of making to the wheels.

Fuck hope it's not that bad - it's probably my daily now. I still have the Hilux in case it all turns poo.

i also previously owned a sedan 200e w124 4cylinder, fuck it sucked, being import from singapore all the electrics were completely fucked still did mean b/outs though

This is a UK car originally, wouldn't touch a singapore car having driven a Vulvo 940 from there the interior was disintegrating before my eyes. Also 4 cylinders is frankly 2 cylinders too few in my current estimation.

does it have auto levelleing rear suspension?

Certainly does, I imagine it will stop working at some point and cost shitloads to fix. I truly look forward to that.

does it have auto levelleing rear suspension?

Certainly does, I imagine it will stop working at some point and cost shitloads to fix. I truly look forward to that.

if it stops working, a guy i know up here replaced his with the rear suspension out of a sierra ( i think) reckoned it was almost a bolt in

Bit too bling for my styleys. Although I can't help but notice that there are a serious number of massive merc rims on tm at any given time. Would spend more on rimz than I spent on the car if I bought anything bigger than 17's....

But na, more pressing calls on my money right now.

So dropped some sweet Jaycar 4" woofers/tweeter split combos into the dash to replace the ones in there that had self destructed upon the first test of the benzers in the back, $24 well spent - the explosive demise of the original speakers led to carcinogenic dust blowing through the speaker grilles and liberally coating my lungs and face...

Sprayed some shit inside to try to remove the dogshit smell - net result is a car that smells like dogshit from a dog that lived in a hair salon and will now give me cancer.

Also bought a portable dehumidifier which may allow me to see out the back window at some point in the future.

Wishing I had bought a MKII wagon.

Its getting the wheel alignment sorted next week, my man is sending it somewhere to get sorted with industrial cleaning machines while it is in the shop.

There is a stain in the middle of the back seat that indicates a small animal or pygmy with diarrhoea has not made it out in time - one of my children cried when I made her sit in that position.