RA55 celica camry......meets curb.....

matb

Had an unfortunate meet with an ugly curb while traveling round a nice sweeping corner on the way home from work, curb has accepted full responsibillity but left me in a pickle.

i bent the lower threaded tube on my BC at the weld point, bent the stub axel and think the lower arm is a lil out of shape. left hand wheel is sittin in about 10-15mm.

what im wanting to know is......

:axle has a 85mm bolt spacing which i think is the same as a AE86 please correct me if im wrong, so i should be able to cut the bottom of a strut and use??? is there much variation in stub angle between yota struts?

: the lower arm measures roughly 305mm from center of pivot point to center of ball joint. Any ideas on compatible arms.

if anyone has a busted AE86 BC with a straight lower case hit me up.

cheers

mark aka 'mrtoymonsta' on garagedori recently bought one of these celica-camry (from member 'RA55') to rip the gearbox... is a RA55 GT. 18rgeu, w55 and F series IRS rear. disks all round but non vented. irs diff looks identical to the ta63/tt142 GT-T. almost like its a mix of ra63 running gear in an ma45 chassis.

http://www.garagedori.com/showthread.php?tid=6386

looks like he's now on-sold the shell to LLR-ae70. could be worth asking for parts.

http://www.garagedori.com/showthread.php?tid=6462

there are variations in the strut. these type i believe are closer in proportion to a ma45 celicaXX strut. ie the stub axle is larger and same as a ga61/ga71/ma61/mz11 size stub and hub/bearings, but yet still has the ae86 85mm bolt spacing. youll have plenty of bolt on vented disk options if you have this strut but in solid disk.

Operation Credible Sport involved a prototype cargo plane fitted with forward facing rockets designed to slow the plane down very quickly for landing on short runways

0.jpg

Could look into a similar setup mounted on the roof.

Alternatively, MX73 brake / strut conversions seem to be a common upgrade. Don't know what is involved in fitting them though, but I do have some if you want them.