nothingsfree's Rx7...

nothingsfree

Too properly for a dx as well haha.

Iv been looking into what Im gonna do mounting-wise, and I think Il mount them parallel but on a 45ish degree angle, and have it ducted from the nose, thru the i/c and rad, and out thru the bonnet. Will have to make a reverse scoop bonnet, but this kind of design seems to flow the air more cleanly thru the i/c and rad, and has another advantage in that it it adds to the down force on the front of the car.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EWP = Win, not sure about s4/5s, but on a S6 onwards, the factory waterpumps become inefficient above 7,000rpm

This is the ONLY thing gilmer pullys are actually useful for on rotoarys, gears down the water pump.

If you can go ewp its a good plan especially for the track.

I want to hang onto the powersteering in this car so its still easily manageable, especially as it will be running abit of castor and camber for the track. But I didnt want all that rubbish hanging off the side of the 13b, its alot of weight, and it sits quite high and forward, not to mention the drag on the engine, and it tends to be in the way of direct i/c piping. So when a sweet deal for an electric p/s pump popped up, I grabbed it. I want it set low, and behind the front wheels, so Im prolly going to mount it on the passenger side chassis rail tucked up by the firewall. As ya can see in the pics, the p/s lines all come off the passenger side of the rack, so I wont need long lines to make it work. You can set the system up so the weight of the steering changes with the speed of the car, but I think Il set it up just as a 2 stage system. Under say, 20kph, the steering will be lighter to make it easier to turn/park etc, and over that speed it will be heavier.

p3090005.th.jpg

p2110011.th.jpg

I didnt want all that rubbish hanging off the side of the 13b, its alot of weight, and it sits quite high and forward, not to mention the drag on the engine

Funny you say this cos i thought the same thing with my cosmo so got out the grinder and did some chopping, managed to drop the whole thing about 4 inchs and clean it up alot.

Your electric pump seems like a better idea though lol

Degreased and water blasted the whole car, so got a clean shell to work with/put parts back into.

p3140019.th.jpg

p3140020z.th.jpg

p3140021z.th.jpg

Speaking of parts, I picked up these for the 7, at the same time I got the ae86 ones for Kermit.

Again, a big thanks to Dave and Max from Japrace...

Bla bla http://www.hsdcoilovers.com/coilover-specifications.php bla bla bla.

p3090009.th.jpg

p3090010.th.jpg

p3090011p.th.jpg

Ripped these out...

p3200022.th.jpg

To make way for these...

p3190005.th.jpg

Which resulted in this...

p3220002.th.jpg

p3220004.th.jpg

There is still room for the front and rear to go lower, tho the rear guards are just sitting on the tires if I go any lower. Itl only need a slight pull of the guards for them to tuck in nicely. Im still gonna have to mess round with the setup and modify a few things to get the suspension geometry abit better, because at the mo its a little nasty :lol:

p3190009.th.jpg

p3200038.th.jpg

Headin back to Oz today for work, so wont be any progress on this for a while. Got one last thing before I go... :D

I managed to find a Mazda Speed FC 4.4 LSD dif, rare as hens teeth. Picked it up with a mx5 subframe for a bargin, so stoked bout that! Will be interesting to see what the difference is between this, and a standard 4.1 on the track...

p3200027.th.jpg

• 2 months later...