m0ss4yy's 78 Hunter

m0ss4yy

hey guys

Recently had a problematic clutch.. It'll be fine, then after a couple days of use, it becomes more and more easy to press down, and got to a stage where as soon as i took my foot fully off the floor, then i was moving :?

After a good bleed, it goes back to how it should be again. But I've had to bleed it three times in a matter of 2 weeks.

There's no obvious leaks in the clutch line, or around the slave, it's all dry and clean, no fluid on the pedal or dripping out the master anywhere, the only thing i can think, is that a seal has gone in the master\slave and the fluid is bypassing a seal and getting lost in the system?

Anyone had these sorta problems before\is there anything I can check to maybe narrow the possibilities down?

Seems like it'd bea leaking, or bypassing somewhere, cause after a bleed its fine...

if it were the clutch itd just slip or sumthn? its fine when the pedals sweet, but when it is slack then u can barely shift cos u cant engage it nicely. i'll give that one a go tomorrow after the old manifolds make their way back on :mrgreen:

Mossay? look around the carpet beneath you're clutch pedal and see if its wet/greasy. Same thing happened to me, and i knew there was a leak but couldn't find it anywhere, Turns out it was soaking into the underside of my carpet slowly and was invisible until the whole master emptied itself. The smell gives it away...

Yeah, pulled all the carpets out, no wetness, aside from where i spilled water but its miles from the pedal. No fluid on the outside of the cylinder near the flange, underside, or no evidence of it dribbling down the firewall, no fluid around the pedal box, or down the pedal. No fluid evident leaking from the slave (its not inside the bellhousing so id see fluid everywhere if it was leaking outa there). None on the floor or down the side of the bellhousing or even non leaking out of the front of it.

Cannot find a fluid leak ANYWHERE. Hence the issues lol

New clutch :shock:

:cry:

Mine was very nice too :lol: Till it fucks out every week or so.. The fluid does disappear.. It goes somewhere, cause theres often only a little bit left in the master.. but im yet to find where it goes.... doesnt leak from the master, hose or slave i know that much..

clean everything clutch related - all the lines and surrounding areas

report back with findings a couple days later

As in remove them and clean in and outside?or just clean all parts where a leak would be evident should one come into fruition?

Your cupholders are very erotic.

yeah, i decided to leave them out for now, unless i get a holesaw to tidy up the holes :lol:

still work. just ugly as all fuck :rolleyes:

clean everything clutch related - all the lines and surrounding areas

report back with findings a couple days later

or just clean all parts where a leak would be evident should one come into fruition?

that, but do the lines as well (will give you a good opportunity to get up close and inspect for pinhole leaks or pinches - they do happen)

use brake cleaner or kero on a brush