hunteds fa50 of joy

Beaver

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its got a battery in it now. will get a bulb tomoro and hopefully thaty fixes it.

got the paper work today for registration/plates will take that back tomoro, so its looking good as my method of transport to ham meat tomoro night haha

clean that zorst out brew will undoubably be cloged to fuck and will be holding your turbo from spooling :D

block on end off and fill with turps for a few hours epty it then burn it dry, bonfire or gas torch style, takes time but worth it

when you say gas torch stylz, is that like burn the guts out, ie flame through the exhaust, or just get the outside uber hot?

I have heard of getting oxyacetylene torch fired up into the tailpipe and getting a good glow going inside - then turn off the acetylene and run pure oxy into the exhaust - burns out all the oil residue/blockage...

check with knowledgable 2 stroke feind before trying..

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/archive/index.php/t-1872.html

Also found this

One problem with two stroke exhausts is that they can get plugged up with carbon from the oil used to lubricate the engine. The bike will start easily but just will not rev up. This is especially true of quite exhausts. If the exhaust has removable baffles or is fiberglass packed, you can easily clean them and replace the fiberglass packing. If the baffles are not removable it is much harder to clean them. Many stock two stroke exhausts have non removable baffles or have only one or two baffles that are removable. The different baffles collect the unburned carbon and plug up but you can't easily get to them. There are several cures. Non of which are easy or cheap.

A new exhaust. This the most expensive and sure fire way to cure the problem.

Burn the carbon out of the exhaust. This works quite well. The problem is that you need an oxy-acetylene torch set up and considerable skill in burning it out. You must heat the pipe hot enough to get the carbon burning but not so hot that you melt the steel of the pipe and internal pipe baffles. Once the carbon starts to burn you must make sure enough oxygen gets blown through the pipe to keep the carbon burning until it is all burned out. Sometimes you can actually see the progression of the burn, as a red hot band around the body of the muffler, as it moves from one end of the pipe to the other. If the carbon goes out it is quite hard to get it burning again. This is tricky but works well if you can do it. There is a big risk of melting the internal baffling. Melt a few baffles out and the pipe will run very loud. Do this outside. It produces smoke like a smoke bomb.

Cut the exhaust pipe open on the back side and then burn out the carbon. Then weld the pipe back together. Again, do it outside.

Use caustic soda to dissolve the carbon. Simply fill the pipe with a solution of caustic soda and water. The mixture should be about three pounds of caustic soda mixed with one gallon of water. This is not a real good option because the caustic soda is, well, caustic and dangerous to use. I DO NOT recommend this method.

A mixture of soap that dissolves the carbon. There are several companies that sell special soap for this. I have tried some of their samples and I thought they just did not work. I filled up one plugged exhaust pipe with their soap mixture and left it for about 30 hours and nothing happened. Maybe I didn't give it enough time. At least it's harmless to use!