Twin choke cable alternative??

m0ss4yy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

also raid a tc triumph or similar for the joining link that hooks the two together.

although, I never had any real problems running no choke on my su's on my old mini. pretty cunty when stone cold or on frosty mornings but you get the knack of it.

Sister's mini is about to be running twin 1.5" s.u arbs with only one carb hooked to the choke. hers may get a joining bar if dad can find it in time hah.

I haven't had a choke on my crown ever but that's got alot more 'cold running friendly' accelerator pump stz than a su/stromberg style carb.

I wish to differ with Forced - I ran a single choke on my twin SU's for a while and had them absolutely dialled and they were a bitch to start with one carb - it would take 10 seconds of cranking and it would eventually fire on just 2-3 cylinders eventually picking up to all 6 cylinders after 15 seconds or so.. Go twin choke - both carbs have a choke for a reason and its not in case one fucks out..

i rolled for ages with no choke on my mini. I used to nail the gas, crank for like 3 seconds, let gas of and it'd fire, feather throttle to keep it going. wait for about 4 hours for the lucas alternator to start to charge, toddle off at a reasonably slow pace. you'd be fucked with hills and shit though unless you wanted to wait for t to warm up.

both carbs have choke because it's meant to roll that way. but, you only hook he cable to one and have a joining linkage. the best way to get this linkages is not by making one, but by uying one fom someone whom has a spare set of carbs and linkages like a wrecker or similar. making one will be a bad idea and will never work properly.

man i'm negative.

use a squirty bottle of gas to sqirt at the carbs and cold mornings and run without a bonnet

Ahaha, Ive looked around for ages asking heaps of people who have had the same carb setup and they dont know where I could get one or anything?

I would do that, but knowing me, when i need to get up in the morning and head off, i will forget i need to do it and id just wonder why its barely running :lol:

I have a twin choke cable setup at home from the SU's that were on my C110 and it's pretty much the same deal, two separate cables, right through to the lever.

That's the setup I have, works well enough.

otherwise make up a 'Y' splitter on the manifold so one cable pulls 2 cables pulls the choke. Pretty easy to make if ya have some scrap metal around. Might not look too pretty though