Hi all........... UK guys here in NZ :-)

uncle silvia

bringing up old thread but since coming back here after being in uk for last 10 years (i'm half pom but all kiwi..) i must say that driving here is odd. People drive really fast in built up areas here but cruise on open road. And they will not ever let me out of a side street. But i drive a manky old van so i just pull out anyway.:)

plus the 'give way to people turning left if your turning right across traffic rule' is fucking crazy- its different to everywhere else in the world! Took me a while to change once in europe and now i'm having to learn over again!

Quite possibly one of the most bizarre things ever. Sitting behind some plonker who does 80-90km/h on the Open Road and following them into town, slowing down to 50km/h yet they only slow to 70km/h and zoom off into the distance!

It's VERY common down these parts.

I was a truckie that used to do 3500kms a week and did over 1,000,000kms in the South Island and believe me you are experiencing the usual driving style..... You will also find that some people from other parts of the world on the open road behave differently.

The classic I used to strike often was the person in there rental car or van doing 80-90km/h down the road and for every corner they would slow to about half the speed that you could use eg. on an indicated corner of say 65km/h they would slow to 40km/h then get to the straight and floor it and I would catch them up only to be slowed down at the next corner.

Some drivers were so bad with overtaking I had quite a few close calls including a Bus near Nelson and a Campervan at Murchison and one idiot in a Mk3 Cortina overtook me on a blind corner that I found ended up in the middle of a paddock about 5kms up the road near Seddon. Then you get the farmer workers who just pull out onto the main roads into traffic and do 40-50km/h and cause brake lockups and chaos.

Now not all drivers are bad but yes we seem to have a higher percentage of bad drivers and many of them are actually visitors more interested in whats going on off the road than on it :)

In the UK we used to drive bristol to london at 110, (fastest our astra would go besides downhill and tailwind)

I found over there that they didn't care about speed at all, except around roadworks where there seemed to be speed cameras at each roadworks (and there were loads of roadworks) - you know where the cameras are, so everyone actually does slow down - not like road works here.

We had a ford transhit that would only manage 60. So we sat in left lane with trucks. Then we got E34 bmw diesel which would cruise all day on a hundred mph- but still people passed us!!!!

makes for great travel times!!!

But once in town people would cruise.

NOT here though. Drivers do speed up- if you come up to a roundabout and have a fair safe chance of entering it then drivers opposite speed up on it almost as if to stop ya entering! Whats all that about? They just need to chill.

Oh- and we drive a slow old hiace van-slower than trucks- but I'm always pulling over to let people past- but only one in ten will indicate a thank you! Just some basic common fucking courtesy please..

Flogging a dead horse here, I have lived in the south for 15 years now and if anything this sort of shit is getting worse. Chch is bay far the worst place I have ever seen for inconsiderate drivers.

I appear to be the only human being on Lincoln road of a morning capable of letting people in from the side roads. And the aggro I get from the people behind me when I do, like it will make any difference to your traveling time when you are crawling along at 15 kmh anyway.

Going to build me a box that just vaporizes cunts who annoy me now.

:lol: cool- can I have one of those boxes too please!

This morning Hannah and I popped down to Cuddons to get some steel.

We rode our old bikes- because it was hot, sunny and bikes for short trips are actually faster with less stress- its all good.

It was all nice till some bitch towing a trailer to the dump didnt like Hannah being in the middle of the road waiting to turn right down a side street so she swerved her car towards hannah to scare her! Why/what the fuck? This is crazy behaviour!!!

I assure you that some folk around these parts are fucking way too many of their own family bloodline!

:lol: cool- can I have one of those boxes too please!

This morning Hannah and I popped down to Cuddons to get some steel.

We rode our old bikes- because it was hot, sunny and bikes for short trips are actually faster with less stress- its all good.

It was all nice till some bitch towing a trailer to the dump didnt like Hannah being in the middle of the road waiting to turn right down a side street so she swerved her car towards hannah to scare her! Why/what the fuck? This is crazy behaviour!!!

I assure you that some folk around these parts are fucking way too many of their own family bloodline!

Mate this is generations of breeding in the South to get drivers like this, they wouldn't last 5 minutes in major traffic. What gets me is the amount of tailgaters, lack of indicators, people who don't know how to merge, red light runners, lane jumpers.... I could go on but you get my drift, I have talked about this many times over a beer at the bar after a day of driving including one night with traffic cop, people see others doing it and getting away with so they start doing it, bad drivers teaching drivers how to drive badly.

I think to be totally honest it happens with instilling some of the PC bullshit at school. The real world has winners and others... Not "everyones a winner" and the respect for other peoples views are of less important than the views of oneself. I am old school, treat others as you would like to be treated, treat them as an equal until you know better, treat others with courtesy.

yep- it as simple as that. Are we sounding slightly old now eh? :D

Things have changed here for sure. When I went to primary school we ALL rode bikes or walked. And FAT kids got bullied because most of as excercised and were skinny little fuckers. At boys college you were not allowed to drive to school unless you were a farm kid and you could prove that you could not get a bus.

Now these days mummy or daddy take the kids to school in the car- hence all the fucking traffic! I noticed in CHCH recently how once school was back the traffic doubled! And the college not only allows driving but has made extra carparks. In fucking Blenheim which takes less than 10 minutes to ride across!

Kids not allowed to ride or walk to school now- because mums saying too many cars on the road :rolleyes: vicious circle eh.

So kids are now ALL fat. And lazy. All getting driven about. NZ is now the third fatest nation in the world after USA and Mexico! Thats shocking given that we are considered to be such a healthy outdoors type of people!

Now wheres my Wurthers Originals gone?...I put them near my slippers....

so by your reasoning, me going out and impregnating as many of your wiminz as i can will reduce bad drivers and accidents. sweet, dont worry im on the case :D

this morning i had a brilliant example of one of the many issues above

i was following a minibus back from vegas doing 80-85 in a 100 annoying

continuing into a 50 zone they carried on at 80 untill they needed to slow down to turn right without indicating nearly wiping out a biker who was wearing the most pathetic excuse for a helmet i have ever seen who was being tailgated by a corolla overloaded with people

was like one of those nearmisses from a final destination film :lol:

ps i was in vegas adding fresh genes to your pool i thought they needed it most down there :lol::lol::lol:

so by your reasoning, me going out and impregnating as many of your wiminz as i can will reduce bad drivers and accidents. sweet, dont worry im on the case :D

ps i was in vegas adding fresh genes to your pool i thought they needed it most down there :lol::lol::lol:

Now I hate to pour water over your wham bang thanku mame, but alas I think ashvegas is like fighting a loosing battle as i didn't think there were any left and the afore mentioned farm workers may have already planted the seeds before you.

Also the same ones who dont care on the road don't care in the sack and vice versa so the good ones take care the first few times so I am afraid you are going to have take one or more for the teamand repeat said service until you break down the precautions!

keep sowing them seeds - this country needs it! And when you've finished the young lady then roll over and shag the sister too. But if your down in Ash-vegasI would suspect the brother has probably seen to the sister and she'd be too knackered. So shag the Mum - before her son does her. But be quiet or you'll wake the Dad! Unless the daughter already has.

There's always the dog as well....

Unless Pa has taken it to bed.