Hi all........... UK guys here in NZ :-)

uncle silvia

Hey all

Me and a mate have been in NZ for just a week now and well what can we say....... WOW!!

What an awesome country, We love it! :D

Being BIG petrolheads Im amazed that the amount of really cool motors over here compaired to the UK!!

Owning a Z31 300ZX turbo (Fairlady), a KE70 corolla and a custom Mini I love the old stuff and mostly Jap and I love seeing this sort of stuff rocking the streets 8)

Ide love to get involved in the scene over here (looking for a car now but no idea what ill get, retro or not lol) so Ill keep an eye on events on here!! Also Ide love to chat to some of u guys and see what your all up to over here!!

Were Based in Nelson for the time being but will be traveling about in the New Year for the next 12 months! :mrgreen:

If anyone is up to something let me know and ill join in lol

Cheers all, Scott

welcome to NZ man. we are planning a multi club run on jan 17 next year with some people from oldschool, club-k, NZDatsun.com and a couple other clubs. you are more than welcome to tag alog and get to know some people.

been watching your project thread for a whole and am loving it. what a mint corolla you managed to score. looking forward to seeing more of it

welcome to NZ man. we are planning a multi club run on jan 17 next year with some people from oldschool, club-k, NZDatsun.com and a couple other clubs. you are more than welcome to tag alog and get to know some people.

been watching your project thread for a whole and am loving it. what a mint corolla you managed to score. looking forward to seeing more of it

is the clubrun in churchur? could be keen to take my esky on it's virgin club run lol! might drag my brothers ressurected mark 1 too if that's legit too.

Check the events section mate. One to try and check out if you are into the old Japanese car scene would have to be the japanese and oldschool car meet in Auckland on the 16th of January. Its a big trip alright, but would likely be worth it in 2010, as its growing bigger each year. That or the Oldschool Nats in february for a little bit of track action 8)8)

Well I currently have 3 cars at home.......... My Corolla, a 1985 300ZX Turbo Manual and a shortened 1977 Mini Clubman so they all very different to drive anyway!!

Ive had a big auto before as i used to drive a 1991 4.0 Jaguar XJ6!!

The car is fine and goes well...... its just getting used to the few different rules over here that im getting to grips with LOL

ie. Don't indicate, drive like a retard, etc.?

HAHA!! Have u ever driven in the UK then HAHAHA!!!

To be honest its a lot better on the roads over here.......... maybe because there are lots less cars on the road??

The main thing Im struggling to get to grips with is the priority when turning across traffic if the opposite traffic is also turning!! Locals will know what i mean!! It just feels wrong!!! lol

Never even left NZ, so sadly, I have no idea.

The rule you're referring to has been a bit of an issue in NZ though, it was different years ago then got changed and I think it might have even been changed again then changed back or there's talk of it changing back. It's not too difficult at the end of the day, just confusing when they keep changing their mind on it. Lots of the older generation (think UncleJake :P:lol: ) still work to the old rule.

• 2 months later...

bringing up old thread but since coming back here after being in uk for last 10 years (i'm half pom but all kiwi..) i must say that driving here is odd. People drive really fast in built up areas here but cruise on open road. And they will not ever let me out of a side street. But i drive a manky old van so i just pull out anyway.:)

plus the 'give way to people turning left if your turning right across traffic rule' is fucking crazy- its different to everywhere else in the world! Took me a while to change once in europe and now i'm having to learn over again!