TT132 Suspention and brakes

crooked

tt gear from memoriy is same as GX- 60 to 70, and celica/supra stlye stuff

Never heard of ae-86 stuff fitting but i dont study to much of what other people do, but granted bottom arm chnage over may do it, as long as the sway bar and caster rods mount up in mostly the same place, sway bar is easy to mod if it does using universal links etc

Also would maybe need to change tie rod ends as taper sizes could possibly be different, and if thats the case also check length of tie rods and tie rod ends

Allan

crap, flag that just realised you have a total diff chassis number to what i reffereed to.

Was talking about tt141 etc

My bad, so yes it may fit, but everything i said is still pretty relevent, I would be doing lots of measuring etc before getting carried away

Allan

just looking at a way to fit off the shelf coil over stuff up front, not sure on what brakes i should use because id like to use the factory 13" wheels... but then i would like to stop the 1j...

any ideas... or just face it and fit bigger wheels

running the factory 13inch steels is going to make it pretty hard.

have seem 13inch mags fit over mx-71 brakes, and also 4 pot hilux brakes fit in some 13 inch hot wires.

you may need to get a little custom on the caliper side. something thats twin pot but only on one side, like ae-101 gze model brakes, or maybe some nissans

Also everyone talks about princess calipers, which are also volvo, the fit under 13inch wheels and are 4 pots, but every man and his rafiki are keen on them coz they bolt onto every britsh strut setup ever it seems, so expect to pay about $300 a set for them

Allan

ball joint tapers are the same.

used to run TT132 LCA in TE71 with KE70 steering arms and struts

and ae86 stuff goes into ke70's ,te71's ??

I thought e70 junk runs different spacing on the bottom of the struts hence. Mate had this issue with his AE71 when trying to fit AE86 LCA's to his car.

As for brakes id lean towards either celica-supra/z10 soarer venteds (need 14's), 4 pot Nissan conversion (you will need 15's), or make your own setup using Wilwoods (i know they make a tiny set of 4 pots for this application) that are for stock cars to clear 13's.

Ill be keeping my lca's because they are 10mm longer, and the ball joints are the same taper anyway so not really a need to change them.

the top bolt pattern on the tophat would be the same or different?

id like to run the standard 13's but id definatly like to be stopping aswell, so i think ill be going to 15's

not sure what style yet though becasue i want to keep it as original looking as possible..

Ill be keeping my lca's because they are 10mm longer, and the ball joints are the same taper anyway so not really a need to change them.

the top bolt pattern on the tophat would be the same or different?

id like to run the standard 13's but id definatly like to be stopping aswell, so i think ill be going to 15's

not sure what style yet though becasue i want to keep it as original looking as possible..

use the corona top hat, or get some cheap S13/14/15 Skyline, laurel etc camber tops and drill new mounting stud holes.

You can still buy cusco camber plates specifically for carina/corona brand new.

As well as strut bars, and few other bits last I checked!

If you use AE85/6 steering arm, you can use AE86 struts, just need corona top hat.

(Or redrill to suit AE86, as mentioned)

would this help?

http://toycrazy.net/tech/struts.html

you'll have the 85mm bolt spacing at the bottom of strut to steering arm. so yes ae86 struts could be bolted in. not sure if tt132 top hats are same bolt pattern.. so change your corona top hat onto the ae86 strut if needed since the top of the shock are same.

as to lca's, ae86 and ke70 (rack) are identical from what i could see. te71 and any recirculating ball steering e7 versions have a steering arm stopper on the lca and steering arm. tt132 and ke30 lca's are identical.

you could always do the 504 peugeot disk with hilux 4pot calipers to your stock struts?

• 2 weeks later...

Keep the standard wheel brearing as youd still use the standard hub/strut. machine out the centre hole of the disc and drill the 4 smaller holes for it to bolt to the hub. Then yea, make adaptor to mount the callipers in the right place.

Or hilux 4pot/peugeot 604 rotor conversion which is easy - im doing this atm.

KE70 is same as ae86, << (top hat bolt spacing and steering arm spacing)>> ae70 same as te71. Me and my cousin have had alot of problems with this, ive got an ae70, he got te71. dunno why the stupidest things are slightly different

I guess you can use any struts/brakes, use original top hat and get the whole lower arm/strut assembly and bolt it in, most stuff is, surprisingly, interchangeable!

Ive got ma45 struts/ke70 steering arms/ke30 lower arms (85mm steering arm spacing - same as late ke70/ae86)

Ke30/tt132/ae70/te71/ke70 lower arms have same size balljoint. of course ke30/corona are longer arms too.

Whats gay is there are also two other sizes of balljoint. The bigger balljoints, in cressidas, and the ones in ma61/3's etc. my mate had this problem when putting cressida vented brakes into his st140, he had ma61 steering arms (mounting holes had different offset), but couldnt use the cressida arms, coz of the different balljoint!

I reckon the hilux4pot conversion is pretty easy on these struts. Thats why im doing atm.

Its pretty cheap too.

Just thought id share my experiences lol

KE70 is same as ae86, << (top hat bolt spacing and steering arm spacing)>> ae70 same as te71. Me and my cousin have had alot of problems with this, ive got an ae70, he got te71. dunno why the stupidest things are slightly different

just to try clear that up.. ke70/ae70/te71 had an equal spaced bolt pattern on the top hat up til *around* 1983 where they changed it to the unequal pattern that you see in ae86. that applies to all the E7 chassis cars from what ive seen.

i believe the early top had bolt pattern is also same as ke30 and kp61. same as ke20 too but spun around 180degrees.

about this same time, but maybe later like around 1985.. the steering arm bolt spacing on ke70/ae70 changed from 87mm (that you find in ke30's) to 85mm that you find in most T powered cars and ae86. the changeover was later than the facelift of the E7 cars. te71 always have the 85mm bolt spacing.

you can also identify the differences in the struts easily by the way the disk bolts to the hub. the te71/ae86/late ke70 85mm style bolts from the inside out so the threads are in the hub. early ke70/ae70/ke30 87mm style bolt from the outside in so the threads are in the disk. the spacing between the wheel bearings are also different.. the stub axle is longer on the ae86/late E7 so the bearings are spaced wider. you cant swap a late hub on an early strut.

there is also a different shaped recess for the disk bolts in the hub. 85mm style is oval, 87mm style is square.

in my ke70 i run an ma45 strut, ke70 top hats, ae92GT shocks with spacers, ae86 p/s arms and about to swap disks to vented ones once ive made some caliper mounts.