help with my ca18det issues

d.p.n.s

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so its had plenty of time to cool down.

went out side started it up....sounded mint

let it heat up till it started running on 3

with the coil pack cover off.

i started to pull the plugs on the coils got to coil pack 2 pulled the plug

no change.

so i need another coil pack to try.

cheers

dan

Your issue probably is the coil pack but my megasquirt running wasted spark had the same problem it was bad 12v feed to the coils. Been wasted it would only fire 1 of the 2 cylinders connected to that coil pack had me stumped for ages.

i did think that mate but i ran to good for agers while cold

and just fucked out when it was hot.

cheers

dan

Yeah same here get 30min round town and if I took it on the open road and cained it about 10min before it would start.

ture!!!

ill try the coil pack 1st then go from there.

cheers

dan

can just about garuntee its the coilpack they are the most annoying fucktards things out / they are 20+ years old now so no surprised .. the last one that happened was at the palmy swapmeet i drove all the way there on 3 cylinders pretty much .

you can find the fucked one by letting it idle on three cylinders and pull the plug for the coils out individually , a change in tone indicates a rooted one .

i vote to chnage it to wasted spark as mine are constantly failing and at the most inconvienient times too

Yeah same here get 30min round town and if I took it on the open road and cained it about 10min before it would start.

ture!!!

ill try the coil pack 1st then go from there.

cheers

dan

can just about garuntee its the coilpack they are the most annoying fucktards things out / they are 20+ years old now so no surprised .. the last one that happened was at the palmy swapmeet i drove all the way there on 3 cylinders pretty much .

you can find the fucked one by letting it idle on three cylinders and pull the plug for the coils out individually , a change in tone indicates a rooted one .

i vote to chnage it to wasted spark as mine are constantly failing and at the most inconvienient times too

yip #2 coil pack

just borrowed one from my mates rb20 and it ran like a dream.

will rd test tomorrow to make sure.

as for wasted spark.....already looking in to it man

seems the way to go.

cheers

dan