CHCH: Could someone scope a car for me?

kyteler

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike, the car is pretty good. Minor rust in certain places but its fairly solid.

We couldn't start it because the ignition barrel is fucked. Were going to hotwire it but the women probably wouldnt have been too impressed.

Underneath is all good, interior is tidy but the seats are all saggy n shit.

Sorry couldnt check mechanicals / suspension but looks like its been taken care of the majority of its life. 90% of the dent in the door would pop out. Overall it was much better than what it looks like in the photos.

Also, if you aren't keen my mrs. is haha. So yeh.

EDIT/DAVE SAYS HIS USERNAME IS SUPER KOOL

Do you guys live close to where this is?

Just trying to think that if I do win it and then come up to get it, I'll probably want to get it running, etc. which might mean some fettling, would be sweet to have somewhere to go to do said things.

Good point. Its french, so i don't know. Shit isn't normal.

Mr. Lucas had a look and reckoned the switch will come out the back of the lock barrel easy. I don't think it will be hard to get mobile. Rolled super easy etc. Reckon just check oil etc and try start it and it will go.

It seems to fail warrants, if you note the carjam report, I wonder what on. If it's solid it can only really be stupid electrickery issues and tyres/joints, etc. I guess. Sweet that it rolled well, that's good to know.

Think I'll do some digging about technical stz re: wheel locks.

Used to rally one of these back in the day. Always had to remember to wind the handbrake right off after scrutineering so I couldn't use it... as it works on the front wheels.

Engine's a stormer, although doesn't like really hot days so perfect for Invercargill. Suspension spheres will almost certainly need replacing by now - if the engine's running, you can hear the high pressure pump going. These can be upgraded, so worth looking around when replacing them. Also, if the earth strap to the engine breaks, then it uses the high pressure suspension pipes instead. The resultant fire from the oil spraying around at 2000PSI through the melted pipe is quite impressive and more than a bit scary.

Steve.

wtf how did i not see this thread before now

gs's are the bomb. bet it failed heaps of wofs on return pipe leaks and shit like that.

don't be afraid of the suspension. it's a piece of piss. at worst it'd have a fucked pump, some leaky rubber hose (omg use fuel line) and rooted spheres, all of which are easy to fix.

irrelevant now coz tyou didn't get it ftl

want a 1.4l bx? k34n?

lets talk

If any of you guys get this in time, go for it. We just got a cunt of a powerbill and doing some figures including the transportation it's just not on the cards this time around, fucking gutted.

does this mean your keen for the civic? haha its real cheap!!

wtf how did i not see this thread before now

gs's are the bomb. bet it failed heaps of wofs on return pipe leaks and shit like that.

don't be afraid of the suspension. it's a piece of piss. at worst it'd have a fucked pump, some leaky rubber hose (omg use fuel line) and rooted spheres, all of which are easy to fix.

irrelevant now coz tyou didn't get it ftl

want a 1.4l bx? k34n?

lets talk

Maybe bro, More details and do you need rid of it quickly or nah? I really just need a cheap hack more than anything was hoping to not spend too much at all, gutted as fuckery on this GS. Stink au.

If any of you guys get this in time, go for it. We just got a cunt of a powerbill and doing some figures including the transportation it's just not on the cards this time around, fucking gutted.

does this mean your keen for the civic? haha its real cheap!!

Yeah man, maybe... wouldn't be right away though so you'll likely sell it before I'm able.