crazytim

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

bumping discussion thread for a fellow banana owner :D

could be tempted by your front lowering springs but I'd need to find some matching ones for the rear. As a lot of people have pointed out - mine could do with moar slam!

New pad looks mint too, it's the sort of place I wouldn't mind moving into if it could accommodate at least three of my rusty old heaps with ease. Actually, what you need to do is jam a hoist in the corner or something, then it'd be epic :)

hehe cheers. I did have a few rust issues with my TX3 but that's all sorted now. My brother's one is starting to go in the same places, might go get it fixed as his birthday present this year or something :mrgreen:

Yours is too mint/original to go that low. Super Low King springs wouldn't be anywhere near that low anyway. Here's mine minus springs, sitting on shortened bumpstops

hmm that is a reasonable height actually. If i did end up doing a lowering mission, i'd perhaps have mine sitting slightly higher than yours in that photo. possibly forego the shortened bumps etc. basically I look at the guard gap on the RX and think... hmm yuck, that's more than the skyline coupe ever had! :lol:

(and I ended up lowering that, so not against the idea of doing it to my minters)

I'm looking for an aftermarket speedo and tacho at the moment. I already have 3 smaller VDO gauges which will be mounted in the centre of the custom dash which look like this:

310-239.jpg

I was planning on going with these 2:

333938.gif

437-202.jpg

I'm not that keen on having MPH as the main readout on the speedo, and the 5" tacho is slightly too big for where I want to mount it (in the same place as the original tacho):

DSCN3390.JPG

Would it be weird having 2 different brands of gauges, say, my current VDO gauges and maybe something like this 4.5" Defi gauge?:

DF02905.jpg

Yeah, that would be great thanks. It's mainly the width that I need now, but if you could double-check the bolt spacing too please. I've found 2 references which say it's 160mm, but if you could check it really accurately, I'm hoping it's more like 158mm.