fuzzayD's swamp monster

tortron

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah new one is looking quite good, only took like 4 hours to get it going(other one took 3 days and $50!!!). Seems to have a problem with the fuel side of things. Side draught carb makes it harder to find out what as i have never played with one before. perhaps valves are munt or carb is goopey but yeah might just drop the mazda 1300 into it and primer this mofo.

Gold one doesn't have a bent chassi rail its just manufactured to look like that to fool me.

Perhaps i'll see if i can find somewhere to hire a mig and have a go

DSCF0198.jpg

DSCF0199.jpg

The pics make it look way nicer than it really looks. But hey all panels straight just rust in the paint a bung motor smashed drivers window and ripped up ignition.

Have decided to put the mazda e3 motor into it and then try make it a daily. I bought a paint and rust stripper thing for my drill and it does a good job removing the paint without damaging the metal but it takes so long took me 3 hours to get half the boot stripped to metal and then had to prime it as the day ended.

DSCF0201.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Sorry i missed those posts i know its been 3 years, there was like an earthquake and i became a mechanic but now i have time to 4um again. All the magnum parts where scooped up by an L90c Volvo loader in January of 2010 while they removed the liquefaction that had buried the car. They were the much bucket seats too. I still have an 1800 diff, hb 1200 diff, HB 1200 front section (drums), hb drive shaft + fuel tank some 4x4' steels and a rear windscreen. some hb dash's and rear lights. Everything has been out side since 2009 and i'm not sure what condition its in.