Tortrons Harem of suzuki FA50's

tortron

about 3-4 years ago i spied an ad in the local trade and exchange for a suzuki scooter - going $50

so i thought to myself, that would probably be mean to dort around uni on when i start

drive to the out skirts of whakatane to see it. Get there and its a bit rough, paint is tired and the seat was missing its cover, then the guy says "oh its not actually going, my cousin borrowed it and it hasnt been going since"

I figure, hey i may as well look it over its a 2 stroke how hard can it be. Offer the guy $20, he takes it.

Get it home and start looking it over - kick start wont engage (at this point i took the gearbox cover off to figure it all out) turnout if you adjust the rear brake on these incorrectly it prevents you from activating the kick start "clutch".

3 kicks and we had her going. Then filled out the form, got numberplate and rego

I had it uni for my first year - mean for runs to the supermarket or whatever + uses no fuel. I later made a red pleather seat cover and drilled another hole in the exhaust for performance

sfa.jpg

i then sold this on just after i got my vt250

My brother about 6 months after i got mine, got this one

fa50.jpg

so races were a daily occurance - his has an up jetted carb and polished engine/crankcase + hes lighter than me so he had a 5kph top speed advantage.

anyway, this one is currently sitting in my shed. He brought it over with him when he started uni saying "its hard to start" so i had a look at it

piston.jpg

Thats why its hard to start

Circlip came out and destroyed the piston, rings and bore. Bolted a new set on and shes ding ding dinging again

latest acquisition is this

Bling Bling Scooter

need a new set of rims for your scooter

then your bidding on them

here you go

this scooter could be yours absolutly free with the Package

Red Suzuki oldschool thing

i brought it as is unsure on whats wrong with it, de reged

if your much with mechanics you may be able to get it working,

best of luck

MUST BE SOLD ASAP

NO TIME WASTERS

$1 Reserve Auction

Pickup Only

As Is Were Is

being an "old suzuki" i assumed it was an fa50. later this image was added confirming the fact

97426628_full.jpg

i figure il have it going in quick order (if it wants a new piston and bore i think il pay the extra $20 and get an 80cc kit :twisted: ) put it in the system, tehn flick on

discussion of all things fa50 are welcome

what models have that engine>? / how do i find one! very very keen!

looks like the fz50 (im sure they came out as 80cc too)

much better and tunable than the fa50 from what i understand (can also regear them alot easier, slam on a lz80 i think it is (quad bike) carb and doo dorts)

Edit:

i have a manual for the fz50 here (also known as the suzy)

havnt really looked into it

personally i would slam an 80cc piston on there and put stiffer springs in the clutch

thats just about it really - maybe a tuned exhaust modded to fit

EDIT: DAMMIT IM GETTING PERFORMANCE DREAMS ON SOMETHING I SHOULD JUST GET GOING

its the red one above

na none of mine have had leg guards

the suzuki place in whakatane had one with a leg guard and screen!

will post pics this weekend (maybe a vid of when i first start it)

just wants some more bolts in the gearbox cover and the nut to hold the swing arm on :|