4AGE Wiring Question

KKtrips

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

saweet TPS measures up ok, have it set good now.

MAP sensor seems to measure up within cooee of spec too, guess it could still be the wrong one for the injectors possibly? or would that make it run like a turd on a stick, as it did before we swapped to the current MAP sensor?

also hooked up an engine check light that didnt tell me anything was wrong

never been so keen to find a problem in all my life i tells ya

anyone know about some sort of variable resistor in there somewhere?

I have not been paying close attention so perhaps I have this wrong:

Problem: The ignition retards as revs increase and has done so since this engine went into this car

Stuff checked: MAP, TPS, Cam belt

Stuff replaced: Dizzy, Ignitor, ECU

So - it mut be something else not in the list above. Wiring? Dizzy cap? Rotor phasing?

Yea your on the right track UJ

The next big thing in the list to check is wiring, biggest one being from the dizzy to the ECU, because these are the main signals that tell the ECU to advance or retard. This scenario could also not throw any fault codes

Things like map sensor, temp senders will usually throw a code once they go faulty. Assuming manu wired up the light correct :D When you short the pins TE1 & E1 if there is no codes the engine light should just flash constantly instead of throwing morse code type flashes (With the key in the on position)

• 1 month later...

so aaaanyway, back to this sweet ride of not goingness..

injector impedance... to add resistors or not?

i'm completely lost but as far as i can tell my injectors measure up as low impedance, around 3ohm if i remember correctly. now have a sweet un-raped RWD ae loom to use - thanks so much Al almighty master of toyota parts (he combines with steve tse in some sort of voltron way). but i'm not sure if it has a connection for a resistor pack, or even if i actually need one.

q: how can i tell if my ECU needs high impedance injectors or not?

i took it to an auto sparky and they didnt learn me nothing, but they did take out the resistors that i put in. i'm all 'wtf' and shit. ecu is factory ae92 as is motor, tvis etc.

???? :rolleyes:

mint cheers spence. have a home mader to go in just need to find where what how to connect.

what does/did the black multi pin plug coming off the loom connect to ? dash loom? its in the firewall area.

the 14 pin plug doesnt fit the ECU so i've seen people have just connected the pins that are required.. +B, B1, Fc, W, batt.. is it better to do this back through the loom or run new wires to their destinations?