any jap pistons fit a 2.0 pinto

d.p.n.s

You after things that won't leak? :lol:

The only Japanese -> Ford stuff that's popping into me noggin at the moment is the use of L16/18 Datsun cranks in the Kent blocks? Maybe it's Pinto blocks.. I forget. I imagine though it is highly likely there is a piston equivalent.

what's the bore size of a pinto? find that out and go through the ACL piston catalogue finding pistons with the same or slightly larger bore size and then put together a list of 'maybes' and then look at each of them individually regarding piston pin size and crown height from the pin etc etc.

Mitsi 6G72 are 91.1mm, got lots in my garage. Only mine are for a 4 valve head. Pajero 3.0, V3000 etc are a 2 valve head and same size but don't have any. Do you want the compression height measuring?

Steve

Have heard of 4g63 ones being used. That size sounds good.

Gaz

Mitsi 6G72 are 91.1mm, got lots in my garage. Only mine are for a 4 valve head. Pajero 3.0, V3000 etc are a 2 valve head and same size but don't have any. Do you want the compression height measuring?

Steve

Have heard of 4g63 ones being used. That size sounds good.

Gaz

hmmm 4g63 are like 85mm i think. was lookn at them for my zetec 84.8mm