4 x 100 Wheels 25p on FWD car?

xsspeed

Oh Hai

I want to get some reyums for my corolla. Its an ae82 liftback, 4 x 100 and from memory 35-40p offset.

Question I have is, if I whack on some 25p wheels am I going to have any clearance issues besides they may stick out too far/rub guards?

I really want to put something period/older on it and the best "JDM style" 4x100's seem to be in 25p. Semi rwd offset.

I'm pretty sure there is one ae82 liftback in auckland with something oldschool on it, and they stick out a bit, but havent seen the car standing still so cant see what they are.

Help appreciated.

(This got a bit more tech orientated as I wrote it so mods feel free to move/flame)

Would depend how wide they are really. The wider the rim the more chance they will stick out.

I'm pretty sure however that if you tried a 7" 40p (or similar) on the car and checked guard clearance, and had 20mm guard clearance, then a 7" 25p rim should sit 15mm further towards the guard if that makes sense. Without touching the guard.

I think thats how it works.

I will assume you're talking about 7 inch rims? I have 15x7 p26 on my chevette which is actually quite a FWD offset car. I think about 40 is right and I have actually had p50 on it in 6 inch before. They are pretty much perfect for it but it has rolled guards and the tyres do sit very close to them, as in touching some of the time. I think you will be fine if you get a tight fitting tyre and play with the guards abit :wink: but I wouldn't imagine they will go on with no issues.

How big/wide are these wheels, what size tyres are you going to run on them, how low is your car, do you mind rolling the lips or pulling the guards slightly, how much camber at the front can you live with?

Have been looking at 15x7s in 40p I would like the same width in 25 p but might end up sticking out too far. No idea on tyres yet, was going to wait and see on that.

I have a set of suspension and springs at stock height, and a lowered set from an fxgt, they are pretty low though (yellow springs so am assuming they are kings superlows or some rubbish), plan to get coilovers+adjustable so could adjust ride height to suit.

Trying to massage the guards as little as possible but it may be inevitable for anything wider than 6".

I will assume you're talking about 7 inch rims? I have 15x7 p26 on my chevette which is actually quite a FWD offset car. I think about 40 is right and I have actually had p50 on it in 6 inch before. They are pretty much perfect for it but it has rolled guards and the tyres do sit very close to them, as in touching some of the time. I think you will be fine if you get a tight fitting tyre and play with the guards abit :wink: but I wouldn't imagine they will go on with no issues.

As above for wheel size, yeah I need to see whats available, havent seen much on TM lately for 25p, second option is just to get some 40P lightweight 15x7s. CP035s or something like that

As above for wheel size, yeah I need to see whats available, havent seen much on TM lately for 25p, second option is just to get some 40P lightweight 15x7s. CP035s or something like that

I would probably agree with that. I have had quite a few sets of 4x100 wheels recently and have access to a couple of AW's. Some that I thought would look super bangin on an Adub were actually remarkably average. If you want I might be able to mash my SSR's on one of those Adubs to see what it looks like, but it might take a while because I'm real lazy.

Also, often when people post pictures of (usually) japanese cars to show how awesome a certain set of wheels can look on a car they are more than often either undrivebly low, or have hugely modified guards, or both. So be careful with essentially copying something you see because it will probably be difficult to replicate.

And lastly, I watch trademe quite alot, along with a lot of other people that want 4x100 wheels. Unfortunately due to a number of reasons they are getting very hard to find. Honda people are jumping on the "JDM" style and trying to copy these trends, people are beginning to modify RWD 4x100 cars such as Geminis, Chevettes, Piazzas and namely MX5's more, so this is an additional reason and also, the BMW E30 (and open) race series' are also sapping anything 4x100 and wide that might be offered up. In saying that, I got my SSR's from trademe recently so they do come up of course but you have to pay a bit of a premium.

And lastly, I watch trademe quite alot, along with a lot of other people that want 4x100 wheels. Unfortunately due to a number of reasons they are getting very hard to find. Honda people are jumping on the "JDM" style and trying to copy these trends, people are beginning to modify RWD 4x100 cars such as Geminis, Chevettes, Piazzas and namely MX5's more, so this is an additional reason and also, the BMW E30 (and open) race series' are also sapping anything 4x100 and wide that might be offered up. In saying that, I got my SSR's from trademe recently so they do come up of course but you have to pay a bit of a premium.

Funny you should mention that, I have also noticed the same trend in my searches, didnt realise there was an e30 race series though, no wonder there are so many stock e30 wheels for sale.

Will just keep trawling TM as not in a hurry, hopefully something comes up

Funny you should mention that, I have also noticed the same trend in my searches, didnt realise there was an e30 race series though, no wonder there are so many stock e30 wheels for sale.

Oh yeah and I forgot to mention, there are over 80 cars in it too! :lol::rolleyes:

Just look around and see what you find, I think 25P 7" wide would work fine and you shouldn't have to do more than fold up the lip under the arch. So long as your AE82 isn't stupidly low and you run a 195/50 or 195/45 it will be fine. Pretty sure AE82 ran 6 - 6.5" 35P's from factory, and the standard wheels have heaps of clearance to the guards.

Just to reference AW11 again, this is a 17x7 40P Wheel on my old one. Photo was taken with 25mm spacers making it effectively 15p. As you can see they sat even with the guard, and that tyre is a 205/55/17 mini racing slick. 25P would be 10mm further in and would be on the button in a 15" wheel IMO.

P5242383.jpg

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 583003.htm

i know these arnt 4 x 100 but its good enough

i do think these look rather good on most things and yea not period but meh, may be hard to find something period i dont know

im trying to find a old youtube clip of keiichi tsuchiya in a early 80s race in a fx gt with some nice period wheels

as a matter of fact brad, you had those sweet tom's wheels that looked like these

toms_racingred.png

shame you sold them