Need help with mitsi diffs

slipsittin

Well I got the codes from the L300 van my LSD came from and the van the diff came from and they are not even close to each other.

The L300 unit I got was from an 86 model and is the same diff I'm told that the turbo EX Lancers came out with.

The only markings on the LSD Diff Head are G926 which means nothing to me. Are L200 ones bigger as this crown wheel is about an inch bigger in diameter.

Can anyone shed any light on the subject???

Or am I changing diffs again :evil:

Cheers, Corey

In barely related news I looked underneath a Nissan mistral last night and OMG!

At a glance they seem to have the same enormous and unbreakable diff head as a Nissan Patrol but are about two feet narrower.

A Patrol diff will take 400-500hp I believe and the Mistral doesn't look as wide as a Hilux (but they are six stud) so they could be worth checking out

At a glance they seem to have the same enormous and unbreakable diff head as a Nissan Patrol but are about two feet narrower.

A Patrol diff will take 400-500hp I believe and the Mistral doesn't look as wide as a Hilux (but they are six stud) so they could be worth checking out

wild stab but i think the rear diffs on the mistrals are somthing silly like 9.25"

wild stab but i think the rear diffs on the mistrals are somthing silly like 9.25"

Probably about right bitch. No use to Corey but it is worth a mental note to anyone else trying to get a big strong diff into a narrow car.

Mistrals are horrible but as an organ donor they might have a use.

• 2 months later...
Well I got the codes from the L300 van my LSD came from and the van the diff came from and they are not even close to each other.

The L300 unit I got was from an 86 model and is the same diff I'm told that the turbo EX Lancers came out with.

The only markings on the LSD Diff Head are G926 which means nothing to me. Are L200 ones bigger as this crown wheel is about an inch bigger in diameter.

Can anyone shed any light on the subject???

Or am I changing diffs again :evil:

Cheers, Corey

just to prove i have done a search, have also asked other peoples thoughts on the matter, now i throw it to the masses (who may ACTUALLY know).

currently have '87 L200 and am wanting to gear it up, real high (3.5:1 or similar) as i suspect it will be running a 4.2-4.6:1 currently, which is too short for putting a V6 + 5 speed in it.

will the CW+P from a Starion/A175 EX-T or any thing else for that matter get me the required result??

Did the L200 come out as a 2wd with 6G72 as a factory option??

as long as i can get it to within 10% of accurate, i can gear it up further by fitting mid/high 16" tyres.

anyone????

Fuel would set this straight if im incorrect, but i think the starions may have come with the 3.545 ratio diff. If the A175 came out with this ratio, then the crown wheel and pinion will fit inside the 10 bolt L200 diff heads. I cant quote that starion CW & P will fit inside the 10 bolt diff head.

Ive been told they can, but with a bit of machining. Dont know how true this is.

Some V6 Tritons did come out with the 5 speed option, but finding one will prove difficult. Unless you know some bro's!!!

Starions come 3.909 also, I've got a 3.909 Starion LSD diff in mine.

V6 2WD Tritons don't seem to exist here in NZ - I'm trying to track down a gearbox for one! They do exist in the states as the D50 or Mighty Max in the late 80s/early 90s shape and they have a KM145 gearbox which isn't too strong. The 4WD V6 Triton uses the V5MT1 gearbox which is also what the Pajero 4WD uses - it's a heavy cast iron steel cased sucker though, and I am unsure if there is a 2WD version of the V5MT1 I can rob the rear tail section from in order to lose the transfer case, or if I could attach the V6 bellhousing to the 2WD box (the KM145 doesn't have a seperable bellhousing, just like the Sigma/L200/Starion KM132 and KM132B gearboxes).