ID my fuel injectors

Gaz

Ok how do I ID what my injectors are/flowrate etc?

Out of two of my spare Ca's I pulled two diff coloured injectors.. When people talk of redtop injectors are they refering to the colour of the neck the plug plugs into?

I pulled a set of redtops out of one manifold and a set of grey out of another. When I google it would seem the grey might be Subaru 380cc injectors and the red standard 370cc ca injectors. I see other engines have similar injectors with redtop that are larger, how do I tell the diff? Is there anywhere I can run the numbers to see what they are? or do I have to have em flow tested?

I also have a set of yellow top injectors aparantly from an Evo. They should be 510cc but id like to check this against something.

Gaz

The Grey ones won't be Subaru since CA's use top feed injectors and Subaru's side feed.

Ah yup, so I need to Id the grey tops really.

Chances are the redtop ones are standard Ca18det ones.

Cheers for that number Phil, will check it on them.

Think what he may mean is that there are multiple differant redtop/greentop/whatever top injectors. Perhaps some are redtop high impedance and 370xcc and some redtop low impedance 270cc for example? So maybe the impedance doesnt relate to the cc's in such but in Nissan case does help determine what the injectors were out of... perhaps, a guess really.

Have cleaned injectors and they are more a plastic, clear, cream or see through type colour rather than grey.

Gaz

dont they work on a pulse?so the higher impedance the larger the pulse= more fuel?

i have no idea,just throwing my 2c in there... :rolleyes:

But a multimeter isn't going to put through enough voltage to switch the injector anyway I think so it won't measure impedance in the way you mean.

I think Gaz is right eh