Testing rear screen de-misters

Unclejake

As some may know I bought a Nissan Patrol.

These trucks have a really nice factory rear tint that is pretty much a light tint but sort of one way glass. The rear third of the windows has a complex electric de-mister.

The previous owner has had black tint film applied to the entire car (except the windscreen) and while this will be offensive to some of you I want to aftermerket tints GONE!! I hate tinted windows about as much as Gaz loves 22inch chrome wheels on small horses.

As I peel off the aftermerket tints I am probably going to damage the factory de-misters. It is hot here.

Any way to test for de-mister damage? Can I do it with a muiltimeter, measure the resistance before I start (assumes the de-mister works now) and then for a different resistance after the job is complete?

Chur.

i've never damaged a rear demister pulling off window tint. if your really worried about it, use your heat gun on low to warm the tint adhesive a little bit.

if all of this fails, then that will teach you for listening to me! and you can go and see nigel and get a demister strip repair kit off him

CHOOOOOICCCEEEE

Nissans have double diversity shit for the antenna - seperate antenna for AM and FM - one is in the windscreen and is a thin line real similar to the demister lines, just a bit thinner and in a random pattern.

If you ever put an aftermarket radio in you'll see the wacky plug they use.

• 4 years later...