DB8-TypeR's Space Station Honda

lowlancer

You're brave putting that up on here :lol:

Suppose it looks lower IRL, but will look better once the front comes down. Those wheels aint bad, should look into getting the 13s widened :mrgreen:

I decided not to do anything to mine thusfar, as it's such an awesome daily, I never get looked at by cops and I'd rather save for a "real" project.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha cant be any worse than driving it around, I get abuse yelled at me at least once a week :lol:

Yea it doesnt look low, but the mudflaps scrape and all that (well used to till they wore down)

This is my daily, my other project will not be welcome here, im just doing it up on the cheap, most of my money goes to my Type R.

Mostly just got this as there is only 1600 98spec 4door Type Rs built and only 20 or so in NZ so wanted something that I dont really have to care about

I walk past a 4WD one on the way to work. Ponder leaving a note but don't actually want one :lol: Would prefer a Civic 3dr Hatch rather than the shuttle, or a 2nd Gen City.

Still, yours looks alright. Not sure about dark rims against the blue to be honest. Maybe something bright like fluro green.

4 door type r?

the shuttle is missing something, dish?

Upload-1.jpg

4 Door Type R, lots of 96spec ones around, but this is 98spec.

I tried for dish, but either cost to much or was wrong stud pattern

I walk past a 4WD one on the way to work. Ponder leaving a note but don't actually want one :lol: Would prefer a Civic 3dr Hatch rather than the shuttle, or a 2nd Gen City.

Still, yours looks alright. Not sure about dark rims against the blue to be honest. Maybe something bright like fluro green.

The 4wd are actually 2wd most of the time, rear wheels kick in when front slip, my one has the same chassis/rear trailing arms but is just missing the Diff and all that.

I was thinking of painting the centers the same blue as the car, but black is eaiser. I will do one and see how I like it before I make up my mind

I have them (dual carbs), nothing to write home about, they're pretty average

Hmm.. I guess the Honda factor overpowers the dual carbs factor then. :P

The 4wd are actually 2wd most of the time, rear wheels kick in when front slip

Why do they do it that way? Economy? I seem to recall the Comfortable Runabout Vehicle (CRV) is similar pretend-4WD, and maybe the Audi S3 too..

• Like 1

What tyres were on the steels? They looked sweet/give them to me? :)

I'm a fan but it looks too cluttered for my liking. I reckon you should loose those lights on the front and paint the whole wheel a goldy colour because it needs a vibrant colour to stand out against that over powering blue. Fuck that was deep.

I'm so so so keen to do an EF of some sort. They are gagging for a slamming on some little wide wheels.

I was thinking of gold actually.

Need to keep the lights, headlights are crap and I do a fair bit of driving at night.

Old tyres are just normal 14" tyres

EF's are hard to slam legally, as they have big guards, can be 100mm from the ground and not be tucking. In saying that its been done, in fact theres one in Hamilton that runs 15x8" +25 Work Equips thats slammed

Over in the states Shuttles are done quite a bit, not uncommon to see them with 400hp low boost set ups (<10psi)

IMG_3525.jpg

IMG_3526.jpg

dish011.jpg

dish006.jpg

IMG_2357.jpg

nq1y5w.jpg

Not at all, those engines can make 800hp with a big enough turbo :badgrin:

And many of the higher power'd ones have a Bseries engine which with a simple forged build and a GT3040 can make a reliable 350kw at 18psi

Not getting adjustable's just yet, I dont even get minimum wage (apprentice) and I refuse to go into debt for a car, also saving for a house deposit.

All quality parts are going towards the Integra to get it ready for the track again

Mean man. Sounds like you got the right idea anyway. Not throwing coin away on the daily.

Pics of this slammed one from Hamilton? I used to have a slammed EF but it was back when we were in to fail wheels so it was on 15s and 17's. Needed 13x8's.. lol