Acceleration/hesitation in oldschool honda

pies

Car

1995 Honda accord

F22b non vtax engine with auto gearbox

Problem

sometimes, very occasionally, you put your foot down a little and it feels like the engine is trying to accelerate, but it doesnt go faster and the revs dont go up. the engine just loads up then all of a sudden it will kick down a gear and away it goes. fucken BANG! non-exsistant-vtax kicks in, world spins backwards and im back to overtaking GTR's and WRX's etc...

Things i've tried/checked

Trans fluid is up to correct level, although it is a tad golden

Engine oil is sweet.

Kickdown/Accelerator cables are in sweet as condition and there doesnt appear to be any "stick" when playing with throttle

Anyone got any ideas?

should mention that up untill the last few days its been sweet. started doing it on saturday. didnt do it on sunday. then did it a couple of times on the way home from town today. havent noticed any difference between hot and cold, although it does stay in gears longer than normal when cold. but im guessing thats normal for autos cos the last auto i had did that too

Could be worth doing a trans filter and new fluid of the correct style.

Not sure what Type Hondas take, But I know they have specific Power steer fluid, so may be same for trans, and if its been topped up with wrong type could cuase problems of the like.

So, that would be where i would start. Seems odd that is just started though....

Allan

POSSIBLE that i may just have not noticed it till now. Did it very breifly this morning. Will do a trans flush and filter when i do the engine oil and filter this weekend and see how it goes. in the mean time, anyone got a fibreglass bonnet and sum 4x114.3 18's they wanna sell me? Al im stealing you T wing too.

I wonder if those transmission have a vacuum pressure modulating diaphram as part of the kickdown 'circuit'.

If they do it sounds like the diaphram is sticking sometimes. Next time it happens take you foot off the gas and smash it straight back down again and see what happens.

P.S. Have you nearly finished with the engine hoist? I don't need it back - just wondering.

Could be worth doing a trans filter and new fluid of the correct style.

Not sure what Type Hondas take, But I know they have specific Power steer fluid, so may be same for trans, and if its been topped up with wrong type could cuase problems of the like.

So, that would be where i would start. Seems odd that is just started though....

Allan

yea all sorts of weird and wonderful things happen when you change the filters and fluid.

all sorts of weird and wonderful things go terribly wrong when you dont use correct fluid ... know this