one side of the car lower than the other

Beaver

hey all.

ive got 2inch blocks in the back of the hunter, but the left hand side sits like 2inches lower than the right hand side...lol. ive checked to make sure everything is in properly and lined up etc, but couldnt find anythiong wrong. so ive narrowed it down to the leafs or the shocks.

would it be rooted shocks that are causing this?

cheers

Did it sit square before the 2" blocks were put in ? (thats if its a new mod). did it not drop 2" on one side or did it drop 4" on the other . as above check the shock on the high side to see if its siezed/bound (and also check to see if the shocks are the same too . ive seen 2 different brand shocks in the back of a car that was lowered, and one bottomed out way before the other) -

dont forget to give it a settling "bounce" or too. and check the rear leaf bushes move. and that the diff/driveshaft isnt hitting on any part of the floorpan - and that there are no broken springs.

i cant remember exactly but i think the car was a bit off level before i put the blocks in a month or so ago. the lower side has dropped a lot and the high side only a bit. ill take the shocks out when i get a chance and have a good look at them

well i took the shocks out and droped it back down to see if it changed anything, which it didnt, and thers nothing in the way stopping the rear end from moving up and down, so it must be the leaves. is it possile that maybe over time they have settled at different heights/stifness? this is the onlyt explanation i can think of.

cheers

Yes springs can sag/settle on one side but generaly only marginally - often its broken springs that cause that problem "all of a sudden"

Just make sure the spring shackles haven't siezed or that one shackle has gone towards the front and the other gone to the rear.. does happen and causes issues.

the littlew things that hold the leaves (shackles?) were sorta in random places so i made sure they were in the same place on both sides. hopefully that mite make a difference, havnt had a chance to drop it back down yet. i was guna take the leaves out but it looked hard so i didnt lol

took a study break and put everything back together.........drum roll please..............its still the same as it was before!!!

fukn pissing me off a. im prety sure it must be the leaves. thinking of goin into bellamy and east and having a chat with them, maybe get them reset or sum new ones made up. when i get time, ie after my exams, i myt take everything apart like remove the whole rrear end, and then piece it back together and c if that helps.

unless someone else has any ideas? oranother set of leaves would be sweet, asked a guy on trademe if hes got sum, hasnt got back to me yet, fingers crossed

What a gay mission. I would probably just swap the leaves over and see if the problem changes sides. Atleast that will rule it down to the leaves and also, when you have them out it will probably be obvious if they are set differently anyway. Theres also a chance on of them could be broken but beneath the others so you can't see it easily. That will obviously result in it not being able to take as much load as the other side.

yeh i myt try that, swapping them over. i dont think they are set different, as i measure the distance from the axle to the guard on both sides with the car jacked up and it was within 5mm of the other side, so yeh maybe a broken one. it looked tricky taking them out lol ill give it a go tho.

hmm now that ive driven it around a bit, the high side is actually leveling out. i sprayed crc all over the leaves, so mayb they have settled properly after me moving the little things that hold them in place. yay for me. going to look at some hotwires tonight, with whitewalls 8)