Microtech MTX-8 give me good/bad news

Gaz

I think I may go ahead with it.

I reckon its probably worth it aye. I mean its only $400, if you were going brand new ie $1200+ it would be a bit of a risk but for that much money you might as well just go for it.

Software is downloadable from microtech if you manage to get a laptop interface and it looks like really straight forward software. I still have a road tuning guide too if you want to have a look at that? Its written in Australian, which makes it quite easy to understand.

When I was talking to people about microtech the best I could find in Hamilton was lightening motorsport, a couple of the other tuners were shit and this was years ago when I was still noob as with the net. They were running the LTX-8 on there drag evo and a couple of the other cars on there. They rated it higher than the LEM at the time because of its sequential injection I think, the next step up was the Link Plus, so I thought if they were using the microtech themselves on their own shit then it can't be too bad and at that stage it was cheaper and easier to get hold of than a link.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah similar to the guy I talked to. He had run this model on his own cars before, which happen to be nissan powered.

I hope the loom etc isnt too much. If its over $200 then might not be such a good deal... Mind you its still only $600odd for a full ECU and loom.

Plus it means I dont have to buy a $250+ 300zx AFM.. Oh justification to buy shit is good :lol:

Fark me loom is $260 !!!!

Was expecting $200 MAX.

So now I need to decide weather that ECU is worth $660 all ready to tune.. :shock:

Anyone know how long the looms Microtech supply are? I could make one I guess, but that would be a bit of a mission.

Gaz

i cant remeber for sure but the plugs are just dick smith things and theses only liek 10 wires coming out of it and the pin-out is on the microtec website

DO THIS

Anyone else confirm? lol.

I could do that, then get the loom the right lengh etc anyways.

I got a standard loom.

It is a bit of work involved. 18 wires I can see on that schematic I would need.

I could just cut the ECU end off my loom and wire the DickSmith plug onto it I guess.

I wonder how much sheilded wire is.

At a guess id say after buying all the wires and plugs Id be looking round $100. Way aprox tho.

Gaz

ok i just measured one plug (the biggest of 3) but its all the same shit

txt me ur number and ill pxt u a photos 021774037

plug is male

7.5mm x 32.5mm overall

each plastic 'tube' containing pin is 3.25x3.25

its a standard boring old plug

will ask my brother next time he walks past if he has one

I wonder how much sheilded wire is.

8 bucks for 10' worth.

Making a loom should be easy? aslong as you have you pinout picture, some different coloured wires, use your own plugs etc.

Easy way if you've got the stock loom and plugs. No way this would cost you 100 bucks, should be free if you've got it all..

The thing is I dont have it all. I have a coil of blue wire and a coil of green. Made mistake of building the wole cortina loom out of this and black and its not so good. Too many wires not enough colours.

What I would want/and will do it from is the automotive wire which is generally black with a coloured trace. Prob is I dont get this at trade price which means its expensive :cry: