broken easy out

tortron

what size is the bolt? is it broken off inside the hole? or is there a little bit sticking out?

may need to crc the shit out of it and weld something onto the end to turn it with. if you can get someone to do it with the right rod (i forget the number but i can find out tomorrow at work) its like a nickel/stainless/hightensile rod so pretty much = ftw at welding to most steels/stainless steels. then hit the thing on the end to try and shock it and use heaps of crc and it should come out.

Is the engine on the bench or in the car?

I would be keen to try some heat and then frighten it with a can of that freeze shit you can get from electrical stores unless it is rusty.

I have not tried the above method but it could be fun. It is, after all a pretty small bolt.

EDIT: I haven't broken an Ezyout yet (touch wood) so I have bugger all experience.

rod is ethier mg600 or 312 disimilar problem solving rod

rather than make a mess of it..pay ya 70 bucks and get it spark eroded

place in hams that dose it..cant remember right now who it is

rod is ethier mg600 or 312 disimilar problem solving rod

rather than make a mess of it..pay ya 70 bucks and get it spark eroded

place in hams that dose it..cant remember right now who it is

is there? i looked up on yellowpages but they reckoned there was only 1 place in auckland in nz.

The bolt is just below the head on the side of the engine - engine = in car

is a bolt for a waterjacket cover/dynamo bracket

if engine = in car then spark erodoer = no can do

get a puck and shatter the ezy out

then use freeze sprat to make it cold

then re eazy out it

is it a good quality ezy out ?

daaaang!

is it the four sided ezy out with the reversed edges to grip,or the round screw type?

I had it happen on the notourious last bold on the L series dat engine a few years back,was told a drill and tungsten bit wouldnt work......fucking did!

Took a few goes at jumping up a bit size,but i just started small,slow with some good cutting fluid,and eventually drilled it till it was just a shell inside the thread.

Not sure about the screw ezy outs,but the square ones are useless,I ground em all down to use as centre punches,wont get cuaght there again.