exhast troubles....hangs to far below car

Beaver

hey all.

well after lowering the hunter, the mid section of the exhaust pipe, ie under the middle of the car looking from the side, is stupidly close to the ground, and scrapes over speed bumps. its not very fixed so if u reach under you can just lift it up closer to the car, which is where i want it to be.

so what would be the best remedy? weld an extra hanger to the bottom of the car?

cheers

You've got this one mate. You can do it!

Take it to your nearest friendly exhaust place, chuck it on the hoist and you'll see the problem straight away. Factory exhausts very rarely hang down all hagged like so chances are a mounting point has broken in some way, whether it be at the steel or rubber end. They should fix it for cheaps, usually minimum charge is about $30 for a half hour or something like that but the smaller the place the better.

Avoid places with the words pit and stop in the name :P

mate get your arse over to "safe r exhaust" see john,he is the man.

i took our legacy to pitstop and magoos,they said they couldnt fix the crack in the

muffler,i didnt wanna pay $200 for a new one for a wof,so john just gassed the

bitch back together..$40 later and it passed..

up yours pitstop :badgrin:

Take it to your nearest friendly exhaust place, chuck it on the hoist and you'll see the problem straight away. Factory exhausts very rarely hang down all hagged like so chances are a mounting point has broken in some way, whether it be at the steel or rubber end. They should fix it for cheaps, usually minimum charge is about $30 for a half hour or something like that but the smaller the place the better.

Unless you own a Gemini where the exhaust is mounted from the head and around the diff. :doubt:

/let that shit scrape and make sparks, far cooler etc.

Unless you own a Gemini where the exhaust is mounted from the head and around the diff. :doubt:

/let that shit scrape and make sparks, far cooler etc.

haha yeh but i dont wana be a beached whale when im carrying all my lady friends around, stranded on the speed bumps...... :lol:

"your heaps beached'

^ hard.

potentially get them to shift the muffler from the middle to the rear if possible too or you'll perhaps kill a muffler in no time flat.

I did that on my crown but the front resonator is beat up as fuck and it's not even thaaaaaat slammed.

has also caused a leak at the flange/manifold join.... mot of my scrapage is from going into our shed which isn't that much of an angle at all hah. 'tis destroying the tin flashing which protects the wooden floor

mate get your arse over to "safe r exhaust" see john,he is the man.

i took our legacy to pitstop and magoos,they said they couldnt fix the crack in the

muffler,i didnt wanna pay $200 for a new one for a wof,so john just gassed the

bitch back together..$40 later and it passed..

up yours pitstop :badgrin:

yea i use that guy to fix my exhausts on my cars. hes cheap and as long as its not an big job he normally do it right away.