rotinas mk2 cortina of vague-ness

Testament

Its reuben bro from novus
... Mean New OS window instillation hook up man :?::mrgreen:

im sure i already told people bout that? :P yer if your in the hutt valley gimme a bell oldschool cars have the cuntiest windows but at least i take pride in my work and will take utmost care :D

anyways back to topic still waiting to here for a reply and see if this is person im thinking of?

very cool I have this photoshopped next to my wagon as a screen saver :lol::lol:

liking ur wagon man awsum work cant beat a rotad tina a!! any magor hassles doin the mk1?, thinkn of buildnd a mk1 sedan 13bpp nxt year.

Yeah that was the plate. Looked good as, thought it flipped leaves rear, would be keen to check out that C notch some time.

Yeah mine looking like a shabby dog at the mo, is many diffferant primmer colours lol. The rims are Volk Racing/Rays Engineering wheels.

haha yeh ,nah neva drove it with flipped leafs diff hits the chassic. solved that prob recently witha monsta c notch :lol: yeh il post a pik of it sumtime

Its reuben bro from novus
... Mean New OS window instillation hook up man :?::mrgreen:

.... MEAN, nice tina man and welcome to oldschool. Engine bay looks sick, you must have spent a few hours in there! Makes gaz and my effort look lame :oops:. Already looks show car IMO. :mrgreen:

hey man thanks, yeh spents a few months in the engine bay lol urs are lookn good az. gud 2 c sum mk2s still around! so r u guys a car club or jsut internet related?dnt no much bot it a.

very cool I have this photoshopped next to my wagon as a screen saver :lol::lol:

liking ur wagon man awsum work cant beat a rotad tina a!! any magor hassles doin the mk1?, thinkn of buildnd a mk1 sedan 13bpp nxt year.

na no hassles mate trans tunnel is too small unless you get an auto one 8) other wise sweets I did'nt even boost the brakes & got cert no sweat :wink:

But when you do any advice or help I can give brother no trouble at all

so r u guys a car club or jsut internet related?dnt no much bot it a.

Club based online.

Have meets, cruises but usually just get on the piss.

We run trackdays in Taupo and hold an anual "Nats" where we all go race, drink, cruise and stuffz for weekend.

Pretty much just get out there and do shit, talk cars etc/.

so r u guys a car club or jsut internet related?dnt no much bot it a.

Club based online.

Have meets, cruises but usually just get on the piss.

We run trackdays in Taupo and hold an anual "Nats" where we all go race, drink, cruise and stuffz for weekend.

Pretty much just get out there and do shit, talk cars etc/.

Is this place ever going to be registered as a club?

if so KY for president!

Bit off topic but..

At the moment there isnt really any advantage of us running as an affliated club.. is that what you mean? . We would have to pay fees, charge members to belong and do alot of bookwork. Would turn into ALOT more work for not alot of gain at the moment. In saying that Zep nor I have really looked hard into it so dont really know?? If youd like to start a thread and think someone would be able to point us heads up then go ahead..

Gaz

• 1 month later...

Welcome along rotina!

Quite the collection you've had man, ive got a big soft spot for the mk2, my brother had a couple over a decade ago! i got to cut the roof off one with a hacksaw when i was 8, it took days....

Im not sold on the de-bumpered look, but fuck, cant complain with ya wee wheels and the worm-burnin ride height.

Boss.

Rotina,

In regards to the red Cortina, just wondering if you're running a heater, because I noticed that it no longer has a heater bubble, nor the cowl vent to allow air into the heater?

Also I noticed that it no longer has the vents in the C pillar either. Did you relocate them or just remove them altogether? I was considering removing them from mine, but thought otherwise, as they are to relieve cabin pressure. I've decided I like them anyway.

Also, with the engine bay smoothing, did you cut out all the little recesses in the inner guards and weld new plates in?

I'd like to see some pics of the C-notches too.

• 3 weeks later...
Rotina,

In regards to the red Cortina, just wondering if you're running a heater, because I noticed that it no longer has a heater bubble, nor the cowl vent to allow air into the heater?

Also I noticed that it no longer has the vents in the C pillar either. Did you relocate them or just remove them altogether? I was considering removing them from mine, but thought otherwise, as they are to relieve cabin pressure. I've decided I like them anyway.

Also, with the engine bay smoothing, did you cut out all the little recesses in the inner guards and weld new plates in?

I'd like to see some pics of the C-notches too.

helo there, its actualy orange , um nope not running a heater who needs one! also smoothed the cowl vent as it has no purpose anymore,

I made all new inner guards 4 it new slam panel new radiator supports panels nothings orignal, im making all new floors throught out, 4 it atm as i have airbagged the back of the car, the c notch is prety basic aye, i welded patches into the back piller vents cuz im goin for the smooth look, doesnt realy make a differnce just have the window down i quess, i fort ud be buildn a chassic 4 ur 1 instead of a unibody.

Welcome along rotina!

Quite the collection you've had man, ive got a big soft spot for the mk2, my brother had a couple over a decade ago! i got to cut the roof off one with a hacksaw when i was 8, it took days....

Im not sold on the de-bumpered look, but fuck, cant complain with ya wee wheels and the worm-burnin ride height.

Boss.

chers m8 , yeh had a shit load of oldschool cars and pleny more to come lol, yeh the mk2s are my favrote outa the cortinas a, ur colection is quite kool a liking that estate nyc n low haha, ah it actualy looks realy gud debumperd a, with me its all about beening differnt with these cars a dont wna be like another mk2 lol its alot lower than in the pics now that ive airbaged the car a cant even c half the whitewall tyre haha , so wat r the p;ans 4 the mk1?

helo there, its actualy orange , um nope not running a heater who needs one! also smoothed the cowl vent as it has no purpose anymore,

I made all new inner guards 4 it new slam panel new radiator supports panels nothings orignal, im making all new floors throught out, 4 it atm as i have airbagged the back of the car, the c notch is prety basic aye, i welded patches into the back piller vents cuz im goin for the smooth look, doesnt realy make a differnce just have the window down i quess, i fort ud be buildn a chassic 4 ur 1 instead of a unibody.

Fair enough that you smoothed the cowl vent since it's not needed. I just thought if you were running a heater, you may have plumbed it to collect air from somewhere else. I won't be using the original heater, because a) it's far too big, ugly, and shit, and B) there's not enough room under the dash anymore because of the firewall recess. So I thought I might smooth the cowl too and plumb the heater somewhere else hidden, maybe a vent in the inner guard. Or I could still utilise it and fit a smaller heater. I intend to do lots of driving with the car, so if I happen to be out in the cold and rain, I'll want a heater so I can see where I'm going!

C notches tend to be very basic, that's the beauty of them, but I'm still interested to see some pics. Do you have some photos of the work you did making the new inner guards etc.

It's not really an easy feat to build a chassis for a unibodied car, nor is it cheap, which is why I'm not going down that road. I don't think it's really necessary either. I will incorporate some strengthening in the car, but ultimately the only major changes underneath will be the front and rear suspension, which are being entirely reworked with 4 link in the back and tubular wishbones and a custom made crossmember up front. There's the firewall recess and tunnel mods too of course. I'm undecided whether I want to fit a cage anymore either.

If I could, mine would be C notched, mini tubbed, fitted with an entirely new floor with greater space in the rear for 4 link, full length bead rolled tunnel and smoothed engine bay with rolled inner guards, but none of that is a practical car building necessity.

The car itself is in such good nick that there's no sense in hacking it all up really, but modifying it to suit.