Esprit's '01 Exige Over-winter refresh

Esprit

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little pre-weekend update.... replacement gearbox parts have been ordered and should be here middle of next week at the latest. Aiming to get the box bolted back to the engine and the engine back in the car and running next weekend. Hopefully the following week will involve getting the clam back on and doing some skids.

This weekend I'll be making up a new, improved inlet manifold gasket and trying to get everything matched up as closely as I can.

I remember once upon a time when I had a life.

Good stuff, but just incase;

(2) Requirements: Protective helmets shall;

(a) Comply with a current approved standard,

(B) Be a good fit on the wearer so they are secure when worn,

© Be in good condition, and

(d) Not be modified, except as specifically permitted by the helmet manufacturer, in

particular;

(i) ABS and Polycarbonate helmets shall not be painted,

(ii) Composite shell helmets may only be painted with a paint approved by the

helmet manufacturer

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

fuuuuu.jpg

I got the gearbox bits today and took them over to KW, which was all good. But when I inspected the bits it turns out we're still one bit short thanks to a miscommunication. On top of this there's another part (the 5th gear on the input shaft) that I'm not 100% happy with and would rather replace than risk assembling it into the rebuilt gearbox.

This is going to cost another buttload in shipping and delay things a few days, which means my weekend which I'd planned to be spending getting the car reassembled means I'll be instead spending the weekend sitting around with my thumb up my arse.... great!

Bloody car, I really don't know why I bother, I don't get any joy from it any more and I truly have reached my limit with it now.... I just want it finished so the bills can stop and I can buy a house.

Eh what's a few more days waiting for this part.

If this is true, then I'm not really bothered.... it's just that the project has just been waiting a few days for a part for most of the past 18 months.... I've been going 3.5 years on this sodding car now without driving or enjoying it..... I was a young man when I started.... I have grey hairs now.