Conversion to electric fuel pump

Yowzer

Yeah, so I just stuck an electric pump on the crown as the mechanical wasn't working. The pump works sweet, but it pumps too much fuel which then floods the carbie as there's no fuel return line.

What do I need to do to solve this?

Cheers

Airtek brand? Checked float level? those pumps(if Airtek) are internally regulated. Had one on my 4.0l in stockcar with weber carb on it. That had no return line, but did similar thing due to needle valve being stuck.

Airtek brand? Checked float level? those pumps(if Airtek) are internally regulated. Had one on my 4.0l in stockcar with weber carb on it. That had no return line, but did similar thing due to needle valve being stuck.

Yeah, seems to be the same problem

Yeah, seems to be the same problem

Airtek ftw

you need to hook up the return. I had same problem with mine so added electrical pump as I couldn't find a good 3 pipe mechanical pump.

I toyed with a regulator as well but the carbs don't like ANY pressure so it just dropped the needle valve all the time. you'll potentially have to take the top off the carb to pop the valvce back in properly so it doesn't continue to flood...

I got a fitting off this dude who had an m series with a 2 pipe pump on it. it's got the return built into the banjo fitting that goes on the supply. has a small ball vlave with a spring or soemthing. either way it works fine. you might be able to get one off an 18r as they sometimes run the same system.

will take a pic soonish and post up so you see what I mean

^ cone.

alas, pic-chur

anywho it shows teh fitting. you need one of these coz aisin carbs don't have returns and prolapse at the mere thought of pressure

I had an adjustable carb style (0-4psi) reg for mine but it didn't work at all so I gave it back to the girl at appco with a 'big diff'.

s6300075ab2.jpg

I was running without the choke for awhile coz it stopped working. Looks like someone had been messing around with it so it was a bit wacked out. And yeah, mechanical secondary didn't work very well.

Haven't had a problem with the carb flooding anymore though, it seemed to solve the problem itself. Bit random but atleast it saves me a bit of time till it fucks out again

yeah runs off exhaust heat/ shit as idea.

I'm used to no choke now, usually they don't work properly anyway. the one on original carb sure as hell didn't, but it made it easier to drive than this one. lol. just gotta make sure battery is decent in case you fuck it up toomuch

I just recently put an electric fuel pump on the Viva as the original one was leaking and it seems to be running fine. It's one of those square facet pumps and it must have an internal regulator or something as it stops pumping so much when the carb bowl is full.