al_feinted's Mark II

pies

couldnt find a discussion fred for this so i figured id start one.

howd you go with the 1ge - 1gge conversion? im about to do it myself. anything i should look out for?

this looked soo tuff at the jap meat. shame about the pointies being so ugly though :P

Hi m8. yeah the car is undiscussed until now :) A few points to watch with 1geu to 1ggeu mainly due to the intake being on pass side of 1gge..

The 1gge needs a longer throttle cable than the 1geu. I used a corona st150 one but had to modify it still.

Try to get the powersteering pump, remote filler bottle + hose with the 1gge. The 1geu PS fits to the head with bottle/ pump together where as a 1GGE has pump on block and resiouvar bottle separate on inner guard.

Radiator pipes are in different positions. i used an silvia S14 bottom hose, and for the top hose i used 2 old hoses cut up with a bit of stainless tube for a joiner.

Other minor differences like alternator plug and brake vaccum hose needs extending... think thats about it. not sure about wiring mine has aftermarket ecu. I think my tvis has been removed. who knows what else. :doubt: yeah pointies look sweet polished with low pros but not great on this, they make good wof wheels.

Yeah that grill was the only reason i got the car. :D I got it as a rolling body, rusted out in a big way, had been a donor for a 5 speed conversion, only had about 80,000km on it. the complete swap to the pre fl car will be a bit of work quite a lot is different. I cut the rear tailight panel out of the shell so i can fit the massive tailights later if i feel the need :o

Project thread>>> viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7975

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi, the 1GGE comes highly recommended, its a sweet motor if your not chasing big power but happy with a few more revs, sporty feel etc, night and day difference over the 1GEU.

As for using the 1geu loom I have never given any thought to this, I guess it could be made to work if you had no other option. Probably not worth the effort, 1GGE came factory in some gx61's and plenty of other 80's toyotas.

• 3 months later...

Yeah I do have a couple of the early mark II HT bonnets. (see pic)

The one off the white car is in good condition apart from crazy cracked paint, will need sanding and repainting.

Also have one from a gold car with a few minor dents... bit rusty under the front edge (not visible from top).

Can pick up from auckland?

g4mark2.JPG

• 8 months later...

hi Roman, yeah its been a while man.. feel free to visit sometime, ill supply the beer and autosol? :badgrin:

My dream wheels for this would be some 14x9 / 14x8 watanabe in solid bronze color if i can get that color on my super sharks i would be nearly there.

pies wrote:

this looked soo tuff at the jap meat. shame about the pointies being so ugly though

hehehehe

From ugly pointies to some more ugly pointies haha, the color looks worse in the photos than irl. but yeah I guess ill man up and get polishing soon.

Awesome car,

seeing X60 series makes me happy haha

I think i know what you getting at with a solid colour wheel.

Like how good Simon's mkII style wheels looked when he got them, in full red. Real tough.

Polished lip is always done, (but always looks great too)

Also, Is your motor an -FE?

Cheers J-calico, yes its a 1G-FE (non vvti) from a GX90 mark II manual trans.

I had a refresher look at your project threads, you've nailed the look i had in mind on your sedan with those wheels!! real awesome man.

With the right color like yours I would be happy but after painting mine twice im over it. Cant really go wrong polished espicially the one piece type dish, so i think the bronzy red will stay on the centres and ill polish up the dish and the star faces like roman said.