Adjustable Suspension

corona

basically if you have a macpherson strut then you grind off the spring platform and get threaded tube welded over instead.. you need to make different top mounts also. Then you just buy some adj springs and wind them to where you want it.

however bare in mind that adj sus doesn't always mean you can go super low. Lots of people get caught in the trap that with mac strut conversions, depending on the offset of your rims, you can end up with the spring fouling the tyre when you try and wind it down to far.

I've seen adj sus conversions that cause cars to be higher than lowered springs.

If you take your time and do a few measurements, and ask around others who have lowered coronas, you'll be fine

Other thing to consider is spring rate, don't want something too soft so that you wallow about and "lay frame" as someone put it, everywhere, but you also (probably) don't want racecar hard springs either, at least not on our roads

however bare in mind that adj sus doesn't always mean you can go super low. Lots of people get caught in the trap that with mac strut conversions, depending on the offset of your rims, you can end up with the spring fouling the tyre when you try and wind it down to far.

exactly whats happened with me

have had to sell my rims and buy new ones for car as they didnt fit by like 2mm :evil:

I've talked to a couple of you who have said you've MADE adjustable suspension, i was wondering what is involved in doing this and the costs involved as i would love to lower the rona reallllll low

making teh valving is teh hardest part

Run 2&1/4inch springs like I have. That way the spring should clear the tyre/rim. I can wind my down so low the tyre sits up in the gaurd and holds car up.

Also, could you do some searchs before you start new topics. Alot of your questions are covered elsewhere on the forum. Cheers

Run 2&1/4inch springs like I have. That way the spring should clear the tyre/rim. I can wind my down so low the tyre sits up in the gaurd and holds car up.

Also, could you do some searchs before you start new topics. Alot of your questions are covered elsewhere on the forum. Cheers

ive got reasonably small springs on mine, dunno what size problem is the adjustale nut on the bottom is the same diameter as the springs so even if i went any smaller this bit would still hit