Mark's 230 Datsun 260

Guest Zeb

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nah his Cedric is L20E powered like mine,

I know! I was meaning solidstripe's old 240K (not ky's). I thought it had an L26 much like mine, rather than L28 as he states above. ;)

Twas a while ago and my memory = seriously bad at the best of times due to to many knocks to the head, but am pretty sure it was the engine/running gear out of a 280z. And 240k's are Australian, my C111 was a bonafide skyline straight from godzillatown. Sorry for going off topic btw!

Twas a while ago and my memory = seriously bad at the best of times due to to many knocks to the head, but am pretty sure it was the engine/running gear out of a 280z. And 240k's are Australian, my C111 was a bonafide skyline straight from godzillatown. Sorry for going off topic btw!

240K's are "Export" versions of the Skyline, they went to many places, England, the rest of Europe, the Middle East, Australia and New Zealand as well.

Just wanted to clear that up. The only distinctly Australian 240K is the 240KGL and that was only rebadged due to the supercar insruance scare at the time.

Running a carbied L26 straight 6 2.6L out of a Nissan 260z.

Who needs a memory when it's all right here! - //oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=3494

EDIT: From your old car's discussion thread...

Another guess of mine is that, that engine is out of a 260C and not a Z at all, one would think that if you were putting a Zengine in, you'd also make use of the twin SU carbs, whereas that's a standard single 2BBL Hitachi.

So, therefore, your Skyline, which you claimed to be not that slow, does have the same engine as mine. So my car is less power-lacking than your guys's L20E whatnot. Or so you say or something.

Back on topic: You do plan on replacing those wheels Mark? Uuugly IMO.

Wondered where that had got to!! Long time no see!! Yeah, that was it, L26 engine with 280z running gear, thus the confusion. It's all coming back. Dam I loved that car when it wasn't breaking down!!

Sorry for going totally OT dude. Getting back to it - definatly change the wheels!! It's worth the hassle of searching!! Zeebs = case and point.

the old girl made it home, was getting a bit worried at couple of points that she wouldnt, not sure whats up, starts sweet when its cold but when it warms up n you switch her off and leave it for a couple of minutes she wont start again.

tryed a few things, left it for bout 10 15 mins and wriggle the cas plug into the dizzy n she starts up again. might go over the wiring as all the wiring for the ecu n stuff isnt very tidy.

but yeh mean, pics tomorrow.

so i needa do something tire wise with it prety quickly as im basicly running slicks which aint cool. but i want some wider feet on it and rims for this that suit is proving costly so i was thinkin widened steels and mike-e reakons i need flappers too. so who are good cunts to ring bout prices etc? and width wise i was thinkin like 7" front n 8" back? dunno seems common (i prety noob to this reyums stuff)