Stuff.

cute wee gem

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it G200? Runner length impt as. Longer they are, more torque downlow essentially, but all dependent on situation to situation

Yuh, thats why I left that out of the question cause then it'd start a whole topic thats been talked about already heaps

Mike-e, x20xev is what I'm on about

I've heard people saying that carbs offer better throttle responce. I guess this comes from the fact that in injected setups the map or tps needs to see a signal, then send it to the ecu, which fires the injectors. I can't really see that taking very long myself though. Electronics is speedy stuff.

Might be something different though.

ke20lorolla, if you want to go carbed then use a c20xe and run the camira shit on it because they still have a dizzy in the back of the head. You'll just ned to ditch heater. That will be way easier and suitable for what you want. The engines are around, they are just difficult to find.

I know of one in napier in an Astra GTE that the guy offered to me for $1500. I told another guy about it but perhaps he won't be interested - hasn't said anything about it in afew weeks.

Opel motors are meeeaaaan man :) You RotaARRRReeee Pirtates just don't understand.

Sweet man, PM me your email addy and I'll send you email details /pictures etc. Its a fucken cool car I reckon but everyone else hates them :cry: lol.. apparantly they handle like a sloppy pirate ship or something.

Electronics is speedy stuff.

hard carbs better response is absolute bollocks, carbs are a compromise at best (not knocking anything of course etc). motec reads its sensors 2400 times a second.

brads idea sounds easiest.

although depending on if the stock ecu will still flick out a spark signal missing a whole bunch of input sensors you could still use the stock system, would be very trial and error though, some ecus wont spit a spark out without some/all inputs. have done it before on a toyota ecu on this engine minus the DLI part but worked none the less and is of the same principal (still uses CAS etc)..

dsc01761rx0.jpg

^after that pic (which was running the previous engines dist with the cam gear from a 4ag welded on running in reverse) I ditched that ignition setup and went to a 4ag efi ignition only setup. had a 4ag ecu with only igniton and ignition confirmation signals. worked, but not nicely. was spitting codes because of lack of sensors and running a poos ign advance map

it turned out to be a whole lot easier to do this in the end..

enginefe9.jpg

lol ^ Yeah, see that happen alot. Are you sure that change didn't have anything to do with those FILTHY SU's?

Opel shit deffinately does not run without sensors connected. Heaps of dudes have tried but as soon as you unplug AFM, TPS and a couple of other ones I forget the computer looses track of what its doing and makes a gay arse ignition curve or possibly even muddles it around lol. The bosch or whatever ecu is a piece of arse and you can't do anything with it.

That why you need to go OS on that shit an run with old dizzy etc from the early carbed family 2 engines. I gave up on looking into this stuff when I chose x20xev so I can't remember the exact details of what to use but they are around somewhere.

^fuck thats yuck. nice new aws twin cam engine, mean Bike something or rather carbs, and untunable igniton computer

ign maps arent generic. trying to get away from 2 step advance arent we? :lol:

reality is would be 18934530x better off with a MS at the least. unless im missing the point and theres some cheap aftermarket ignition controllers that are tunable. i doubt that though..

google megajolt light jr

edit actually if you could pick one of those up cheap looks average. made by people who made ms as well..

16 load points ftlols though - so rough. if they're user definable could change the resolution so 4 around town points and 4 giving shit points i suppose.

well it would run off the ign only comp but its a rough as guts way of doing it.

to put it into perspective a megajolt has a total of 16 load points, a LEM G3 has 440 load points.

it would run yes, but not anywhere near its full potential on crap aftermarket ign controllers (just incase theres a good one floating around i havent seen which is entirely possible).

megasquirt ftw

Yeah thats the issue we had. Get a shitty $300-400 MSD or similar ignition system, which I don't know much about but apparantly they are no good.

Spend $800 on a spark only link or similar ecu.

Or spend $1200 on a LEM G3 and have more tunability and the option of injection at a later stage, which I went with at an early stage.

16 points seems weird because the original megasquirt ran on an 8*8 table which means 64 points (which is plenty) megajolt etc is old hash anyway. The megasquirt extra code is where its at has 16*16 tables (256 points) and all the provision for different pick ups on different cars. I doubt that jaycar one could read half the factory senders the extra code does. With the exchange rate at the moment MS kits go for $250-$300NZ so still pretty cheap but you gotta be keen to learn something

Also the carbs having better response/power what a load crap. formula atlantic 4ages went from carbs to injection in the later years and got similar power at way less revs