Stuff.

cute wee gem

Yeah fuck all that. If I was gonna bother going Megasquirt, I'd go injected, if I was gonna bother doing that I'd do turbs too. But I can't afford any of the above nor have the time/ability/patience

Still, got some bike carbs today so may as well use em somehow

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for clearing that up mike-e, I was in the same situation as msd have got heaps of different models and thought hey, maybe this can work?

If I went for an ecu I'd just go itbs, seems like thats what I'm going to do.. no point spending heaps on an engine conv and end up loosing on power just because I want the whole OS style with carbs, turns out it isn't really the easy option anyway

ps brad, I thought the same thing with that Calibra, knowing NZ its probably a shithouse NE or like.. pushrod or some shit :lol: why'd we get all the shit base model junk? :(

ps brad, I thought the same thing with that Calibra, knowing NZ its probably a shithouse NE or like.. pushrod or some shit :lol: why'd we get all the shit base model junk? :(

Oh that Cali is deffinately C20XE if thats what you are talking about.

If you are going to do ITB's and Link then ecotec is another option if you can't find an XE cheap enough.

This thread rules

Where does one get a flange for a manifold made for cheap?

Was thinkin, could probably maori extractor flange off and weld pipes for carbs on there...Haha this thing will be so hory

nah ont cut sidie manifold.

just roll up to an engineer with laser ccutting or water jet stz with a manifold gasket.

sorted

yeah im just gonna get a hole cut where the water outlet is with a 10mm socket welded to it so I can keep my heater

Problem with 4G stz is that standard mani has thermo integrated. Can block off hole closest to piston 1, and get pipe welded onto flange to allow for rear water hole, then run remote thermo ala isnowi, or other way round. Can kinda see here. Water holes are rectangular ones by round inlet ports

untitledtruecolor03nj0.jpg