crank timing gear removal - ca18de

pies

if there not enough room for a puller ther wont be for a slide hammer ,

usually you have to slowly jimmy it off with two prybars or screwdriver like jiggle it etc otherwise itl cock over and jam , i get so frustrated with the ones on trucks at work lol

Is there threaded holes in the gear? IF there is find some bolts to screw into the holes & get a gear puller. The bolts go through the puller & the puller will push against the end of the crank & off comes your gear. Here is a pic of a puller. 25258.jpg

Hope this helps

I had problems getting the crank pulley off my 6A12 V6. It just had the one big nut and once that was off the pulley decided it didn't want to move. I doused it in CRC and got a screwdriver and prybar behind it but all it did was bend and chip off the alloy (oops). I tried tapping around the perimeter of the pulley to work it loose but it didn't seem to help either. In the end I gave up and left it overnight and came back in the morning and was just mucking around with the engine - I gripped the pulley trying to figure out how to take it off, only to find it fell off as soon as I touched it pretty much.

If CRC/WD40 + overnight fails, you could always try heating it up with a blowtorch.