New school mirrors on os cars

Glancn

On most newer cars the wing mirrors seem to be fitted with these mirrors that allows you to view a wider/larger area of view by using mirror material with a smaller aspect ratio (or whatever it is when things look smaller, wider area view etc).

Just wondering if anyone has fitted this type of mirror glass into their wing mirror bracket/mounts? And if so who can do this, any glass glazer?

I'm not a lazy driver and always check my blind spots (20% more so cos I'm Asian KEKE) but the passenger side mirror = do you want to see a) the side of your car, B) the sky, c) the road, d) the cars but not your own, e) NONE OF THE ABOVE?!

Yeah/Nah?

Alfadog had the glass replaced in the fender mirrors of his c110. In Australia though so no help on the guy that did it for him. But I imagine that there will be some glass place in auckland keen to try it, probably best to ring around

Hunt around for some kind of new glass/mirror that will fit in without cutting, as I'm pretty sure you can't cut hardened glass.

I think the mirror glass is hardened. I had just the glass bit fall out of a 2003 model lancer work car when I hit a pheasant at 100k's and it didn't even crack. The pheasant did though.

sortof makes sense to me, as fender mirrors are so much harder to see anything in anyway. would be a bit of fucking around tho, even for a glassperson,

Fender Mirrors are the best for using. As long as theyre set up properly they work FAR better than any door mirror