hamilton peeps - need some tools boe

fuel

hey guys, takin apart the front suspension of my eterna and I found I need not one but TWO 22mm spanners to undo the tie rods haha, I only have one but not another. Anyone got one?

Also need a 30mm 1/2" drive socket to undo my pitman arm. Anyone got one of these too?

cheers boes!

Mean!

Bah - been trying to take that big nut off the shocks with a pipe wrench but they are on too tight that I can't stop the strut from turning around while pushed down with my foot.

Don't suppose anyone has a big vice in their garage do they? :P

Huh? I've got both struts out and the springs, tophats off etc ready to take the original strut inserts out. There's that big fuck off 50mm nut sorta thing at the top holding them in, with the struts on the ground with my leg firmly placed on them, I can't stop them from rolling over on the ground while trying to undo that nut with a pipe wrench = need a vice boes.

got rattle gun? wish ours didnt suck so much would suggest that, if you cant just wrench it off you gonna need to shock it off id say, so you gonna have to get some one to swing on it and whilst they is doing so hit the actual bit you trying to get the bolt off with a hammer see if that works.

Guest sexychevette

yeh had that prob with my nissan. Used vice grips to hold the a little tab at the top of the thingymabob. Either that or use one of those rachet gun things from at tyre shops. That works cos it turns it faster than the shock can keep up if u know what i mean. I suspect i might be talkn about something else tho, but thats alright i dont mind

I think you guys are talking about that 19mm bolt at the top of the shock which holds the top hat on. I've got all that off already, I'm talking about that big 50mm nut thing which holds the actual shock into the strut.

Yeah we fully are. I didn't realise you were talking about the strut insert.

Continue... :)

edit: how about you bolt the base back into the car and lock the steering. This should stop the base of the shock from moving and then turn the insert from there.

Am I on the right track yet or should i just shut the fuck up and go get drunk?

Guest sexychevette
I think you guys are talking about that 19mm bolt at the top of the shock which holds the top hat on.
I suspect i might be talkn about something else tho, but thats alright i dont mind

lol i thought so

Yeah we fully are. I didn't realise you were talking about the strut insert.

Continue... :)

edit: how about you bolt the base back into the car and lock the steering. This should stop the base of the shock from moving and then turn the insert from there.

Am I on the right track yet or should i just shut the fuck up and go get drunk?

That sounds like an idea. Might try that tomorrow morning before finding a vice or something