Diesel oil (rimula x 15w 40) in a petrol engine

blakamin

yes easily its what the glant run on .

however diesl oil has alot of cleaning agents that will strip your engine bare of any sludge/ blockage so make sure your car dont have carbon holding the rings and such

No real reason you can't run it in a petrol engine. It is the same as normal oil except has anti soot and cleaning agents. Might be a good thing. I've heard of people who are afraid to use engine flush for the same reasons as mongol said - may remove sludge which is actually stopping oil leaks or carbon etc

SHIT IDEA ALERT

i've run cars on diesel oil before and unless your about to sell it i wouldn't reccomend it! it is fine for a short while and yes the extra detergents are very good for cleaning motor internals but they also eat rubber engine seals.

Diesel engines use different seals to suit.

replacing rear main seal/cam seals/rocker seals is a expensive and generally not fun extersize

• 1 month later...
:shock: As long as the oil states on the container that it is suitable for petrol engines and is the correct grade you shouldn't have a problem.... Most "petrol" engine oils are ok to use in light duty diesels...just check out the labels.....Where things can get a little messy is when you go form using a "diesel" engine oil back to regular engine oil, especially in old Mitsiys as you will notice an increase in oil consumption...Delo 400 is my favourite for a tired old mitsi. :rolleyes: (Keeping in mind the reason people use diesel engine oil in their petrol engined car is because the motor is pretty much on it's way out, it's bugger all of a risk)