Turbs on a NA (twin carb'd) 2.5ltr 6cyl. Can I do it?

blakamin

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

currently running two two-barrel zenith 35/40 INAT

the holes are the size of holleys on top

has this air filter as it is the only one that fits under the bonnet (it used to have an oil-bath filter)

img1493600x450sq4.jpg

anyone got any photos of NA turbo setups?

Add a new head gasket and head studs to your build up aswell. Carb setup will work but I still dont think you have enough control (well not enough for my liking) on a highish comp ratio. I'd want to use a wide band O2 sensor when the carbs being tuned. plumbing is just the same as any turbo setup really except things get gay for you because its non cross flow, go have a look at some 4k turbo carb setups and add a few cylinders on in your imagination

T2 doesn't really have enough puff for an inty (Or much more than about 10psi lol)

True but he's going to be running 2 of them with 9.1:1 CR on a 2.5L.

Personally, I'd prefer to use a larger unit running low pressure at good low temps, instead of having a little t2 whistling away puffing hot air into your engine... That's what will cause detonation + kill your motah

Why will they be blowing hot air?

They are designed to be effiecent at 8-10psi.

currently running two two-barrel zenith 35/40 INAT

the holes are the size of holleys on top.

Should be fine with a few mods. You need to find out what the float(s) is made of. If you are lucky it will be plastic as the metal ones can colapse under boost if you are running a blow through setup.

all ill say is ask leon. him = the man on carb turbos.

you would probably need a single carb too dont think twins would work...

Lotus would disagree that twin carbs and turbos don't work, they did a decent job on the Esprit :wink:

Unfortunatly the blanketman isnt/doesnt own the world famous car tuning company lotus so i think he could be a bit up shit creek in that aspect :P

Should be fine with a few mods. You need to find out what the float(s) is made of. If you are lucky it will be plastic as the metal ones can colapse under boost if you are running a blow through setup.

Plastic... and is blow through better than sucking?

at this rate I might just supercharge the cunt!

thanks for the photos people, I have a vision now!

Plastic... and is blow through better than sucking?

yep, because with suck through you cant run a intercooler because its kills fuel atomisation, whereas your fine with a blow through because carb is after the cooler

just blow through is a little cuntier to setup. I used to have a diahatsu charade with a VL pump with a malpassi FPR keeping fuel bowl pressurised, it also ran a seperate external injector with a thin copper line running into the carb that opened at a set pressure value, worked well.

edit dont forget to vent sump and re route pcv/breather also

at this rate I might just supercharge the cunt!

Wont make any difference to the carb/intercooler setup issues.

Personally I perfer a blower to turbos for the daily driver

yeah, but I already have belt clearance issues....

blow-through turbo looks like the go for space at the mo...

and spewin on the photos... I wanted to see some detail... any individual shots not made as a big jpeg?

The carbs you have on the M114 are a dog - terrible things and almost impossible to get parts for.

FTW I would be crafting some side draft Webers on a custom manifold.

Also make a vernier cam drive as the camshafts on those motors are quite advanced in their timing.

A cam from a carbed 280 has more lift I believe........... and they are well cheap