Turbs on a NA (twin carb'd) 2.5ltr 6cyl. Can I do it?

blakamin

The carbs you have on the M114 are a dog - terrible things and almost impossible to get parts for.

FTW I would be crafting some side draft Webers on a custom manifold.

Also make a vernier cam drive as the camshafts on those motors are quite advanced in their timing.

A cam from a carbed 280 has more lift I believe........... and they are well cheap

I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter and know more..... :?:

come for a beer/visit oneday and teach me of these ways you speak....

or some other shit as long as we have a beer...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beer is good.

I paid a guy to enhance a M180 (2200cc motor from a Fintail) but it is not tuned properly yet. There is not much to see but we can take a gander at the vernier drive camshaft (I have a photo somewhere)

There is room for the Webers I think but any decent power out of a Merc motor will need force feeding.

I toyed with fitting a Paxton supercharger to the W111 but couldn't be bothered in the end.

I am certain the engines are strong enough to take the punishment.

If you used a fuel injected head with carbs there would also be nice wee threaded holes in each inlet port ............. probably about the right size for Nitrous Oxide port injectors :P

yeah, but I already have belt clearance issues....

blow-through turbo looks like the go for space at the mo...

Yeah I'm in the same boat with the esky...

and spewin on the photos... I wanted to see some detail... any individual shots not made as a big jpeg?

I'll see what I can dig up...

There really isn't much more detal to see tho, SU carb -> turbo inlet -> inlet manifold end of story.

^ Lol

A Paxton belt driven blower would be a relatively easy thing to do to the Mercedes motor.

The trick would be managing the presure inside the Zeniths - especially the vacuum operated secondarys - they might just blow open. The Paxtons were a blow through design and not realy very good - but it would be fun. The steel air filter assembly on top of the Zeniths would be a good starting point for the high presure chamber.

You would need to ensure that the big O rings on top of the carbs (that seal the air filter) were not stretched and you would need to block off the PCV pipe - apart from that and physical space it would probably work.

Belt clearnces on those engines are tight so the radiato is going to have to go forward and below the slam panel I guess.

Belt clearnces on those engines are tight so the radiato is going to have to go forward and below the slam panel I guess.

you not wrong... already had to swap to a thinner core so power steering and fan don't kill it!!!... cant go much more forward :lol:

you gunna have to come and visit me oneday and tell me more (i=not allowed to drive weekends for 3 months)