Requiemk's Toyota Corolla KE30 Deluxe

Dell'orto

Build - //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/21111-ke30-deluxe-requiemk626/

Have you lifted the vinyl roof back yet? Would be kinda cool to keep it original, though no doubt there'll be rust aplenty under there :? Pretty cool its been in the family its entire life too.

If you don't like the rims that are on there, I'll take em off your hands.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vinyl roof has been lifted :(

Doing a full restore didnt want to leave any unseen cancer growing under the vinyl. Was kinda gutted when there was practically now though

Car is in half primer now.

And those rims are long gone, now have a pair of chrome moonies hubcaps wiating to be fitted. Hopefully itll be a cheap fix for the wheels

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Only a little bit, and its mostly a port velocity thing. No point having massive ports if you can't fill them efficiently, and even if you could, cant squeeze the charge through the inlets.

I'd only go for bigger valves if you're go all out.

Yer i figured after i asked you i look into and bigger valves they definately will be not needed for my engine expectations.

I'm port it out to a little bit over 3kb heads specs and clean up the valves.

I might get a small ammount of headwork done on the things that i cant do myself if the cost is >$200.

ALso got the new moulded carpets (black) on monday

Yesterday also purchased some new bridgestone rims for a killer price

Hopefully will get flares before friday

I'm port it out to a little bit over 3kb heads specs and clean up the valves.

I might get a small ammount of headwork done on the things that i cant do myself if the cost is >$200.

Too big, stock port sizes are sweet for stock valves. Just clean up casting marks and round the valve stem and the bowl.

Head work gets expensive real quick, obviously they charge by the hour and wellknown outfits like The Head Shop up here have a pretty decent charge out rate :shock:

I dont really agree with you there, bigport heads preform better than a non bigport head, they all have the same valve size(i think) so bigger ports are a plus obviousy and with a bigger cam more flow will be needed. I'm not going to go crazy so i loss velocity but yer. Will only really get headwork if i sell something haha

I dont really agree with you there, bigport heads preform better than a non bigport head, they all have the same valve size(i think) so bigger ports are a plus obviousy and with a bigger cam more flow will be needed. I'm not going to go crazy so i loss velocity but yer. Will only really get headwork if i sell something haha

Google Helmholtz ;)

Google Helmholtz ;)

Yer i get what you mean but you cant argue a 3kb head will preform better than a 3k head

It doesnt, trust me. Theres heaps of info out there to back it up. It might give you a higher peak power figure, which is cool if you're into dyno numbers, but you dont get as much low end/midrange torque which is what makes the car nice to drive.

So whats happening on the induction side of things? No use having all these big ports and valves if you can let enough mixture into them.

Just some tiwn carbs, will be on the look out for webers/dellorto/solex

I really think some head porting will help.

Why is that?

Your set on no head porting? what are the advantages of not porting my head?