Jay GTi's Chevette Hatch

CUL8R

Looks pretty damn tidy, esp the wheels.

You should have that stripe back on it when you finish painting it, 70's stz pwns all you know :lol::rolleyes:

Cheers,Chris

The photos are very kind to the condition of the paint, but otherwise it's pretty tidy, the only damage is a small dent on the roof. I reckon you're right about the stripe too, it's going back on after the paint.

Only decision I'm currently struggling with is whether or not to go for the wide superlites or widened rostyles like sexychevette's.

Only decision I'm currently struggling with is whether or not to go for the wide superlites or widened rostyles like sexychevette's.

:lol: He'll probably bash you. Widen some other kind of wheels. Mine are original chevette ones also. Perhaps some old Opel 13/14's?

It does look very cool in the photos. Even the pin strip looks badass, you should put it back on. Except for the part where it curves up.

Have you decided what you are doing about the engine situ yet?

:lol: He'll probably bash you. Widen some other kind of wheels. Mine are original chevette ones also. Perhaps some old Opel 13/14's?

It does look very cool in the photos. Even the pin strip looks badass, you should put it back on. Except for the part where it curves up.

Have you decided what you are doing about the engine situ yet?

:lol: Superlites it is then... although I'd find it funny someone trying to bash me for copying their wheels (not exactly a skinny runt...)

Engine... not sure, want something light, smallish but capable of resonable power. So probably all alloy twin cam or even a pushrod engine of reasonable capacity (1700 crossflow on twin 40s would be super cool, but expensive to get then power I'd want). 150hp at the very least...

The fella on the gm-t forum gordo, was trying to persuade me into the 1600 opel xe engine. Can't remember what its called, c16xe maybe? :lol:

It revs real well and is only moderately heavier than a chevette donk (I assume).

And yeah, bash was probably the wrong word to use. Get emo and run off like a little girl is probably more along the lines. Although he has been known to through the odd judo chop. Hi yah! etc

Yah I know they are heavy little pigs aye. I'm pretty sure the blocks on the Opel motors are cast though and being bigger engines they naturally weigh a little more. Even alloy heads aren't super light, but obviously alot better than a dirty cast one.

That looks great.... also lovin the stripe.

If you're painting it that original colour, it should look spot on, as far as wiiiiiiiide superlights go, I reckon a bright coloured centre could work, perhaps an orange against the green?

Just thinking silver centres witha polished rim to match the stripe (ok, you've all convinced me, it's going back on). Orange would look cool, but then the stripe would need to be orange to match...

The fella on the gm-t forum gordo, was trying to persuade me into the 1600 opel xe engine. Can't remember what its called, c16xe maybe? :lol:

It revs real well and is only moderately heavier than a chevette donk (I assume).

And yeah, bash was probably the wrong word to use. Get emo and run off like a little girl is probably more along the lines. Although he has been known to through the odd judo chop. Hi yah! etc

The Opel 1600 sounds like a good possibility then, would like to keep the engine in the family, so to speak, if possible. I'd want a rev-happy engine, so that should be all good. Still got the 4AGE at the back of my mind though... and anyways, got to get it painted first, got a while to decide on the engine and gearbox.

Nah he's free to bash me for trying to copy his wheels, my missus punches me every day for making crap jokes so I'm used to it, but if he gets all emo on me and tries to make me listen to My Chemical Romance or other such shite, then I'll fold like a paper doll and will do anything he wants to make it stop... :D

Interior looks cool but feels terrible, especially if you plan on going at any decent speed around one of those scary things called a corner. Get some nice buckets in there. Much better, not to mention far for leg room front and rear, which is the main reason I have mine.

Guest sexychevette

That chevette is the man. Nice interior...i might be keen on the seats if you're getn rid of them. Mine are super gay vinyl!

oh yeah and i will bash you(TO DEATH!!!) if you widen those rostlyes. Just like im gona bash bradikuni for buying a chevette sedan.

BADASS

NEEDS wide small euro wheels in gold, stock colour, nice amount of stretch, angry higher revvin N/A ZETEC or something, rollcage, buckets but otherwise stock interior. And boned

ZETEC? Bad man, thats a swear word!

Agree with everything else, except stripped out interior, nicely painted the same colour as the exterior or gloss black with cage and 2 nice simple buckets.

BADASS

NEEDS wide small euro wheels in gold, stock colour, nice amount of stretch, angry higher revvin N/A ZETEC or something, rollcage, buckets but otherwise stock interior. And boned

ZETEC? Bad man, thats a swear word!

Agree with everything else, except stripped out interior, nicely painted the same colour as the exterior or gloss black with cage and 2 nice simple buckets.

Has to be semi-comfortable... done the stripped out, buckets and cage thing before with the 205 and the worst thing (oddly enough) is being hit in the back of the head with your shopping every time you do a late brake manouver... :lol: Nothing like a proper boot to keep things where they should be.

That chevette is the man. Nice interior...i might be keen on the seats if you're getn rid of them. Mine are super gay vinyl!

oh yeah and i will bash you(TO DEATH!!!) if you widen those rostlyes. Just like im gona bash bradikuni for buying a chevette sedan.

Ha ha, well I want (sorry WANT) wide superlites, so looks like I'm safe from the bashing for now.

Reckon the seats should be yours if you want them. I tried cornering with a bit of effort on Tuesday, I ended up in the boot, so I think I need something with a bit of lateral support. Such are the problems of being such a lump of a bloke... :lol:

Oh yeah, new seats are cool... but making that sea of lush green vinyl black would be a crime!

Vinyl and cloth man, this is one upmarket Chevette. And green is cool but it in no way matches the rest of the car. Black dash and black carpet... needs black seats!

Guest sexychevette

Yeh i would recommend 13x7 superlights over 13x7 steels if performance/handling etc are your thing. Steels are frign heavy man! my 13x6 cheviot turbos (which are definatly not ultra light weight) feel alot lighter in the hand than my rostyles. On the other hand, widened steels look awesome, and there are not many other options in 13inch 4x100 wheels :evil:

• 5 weeks later...