Polishing things

blakamin

Anyone got any idea on the best way to polish alloy?

been using 2000grit w&d..

made a keyring using a seized 4-horse boat conrod...

started on a wire wheel, got bored and ground the casting off it, then got into sandpaper.

Then I drilled out the web and sanded the inside!

img1453sy9.jpg

img1452hu4.jpg

img1454vc1.jpg

all practice for my alloy rocker cover once I get the stupid silver paint off it (it's alloy but some bastard painted it silver over the friggin alloy)

being a key-ring, it's gonna get pwnt by keys very fast, not much point in spending hours polishing that up to let it get destroyed by keys

but, if you want to go all out

2000 grit should be a good base

autosol = FTW, that shit rocks, there are other diamond based polishing pastes aswell but they are fucken expensive, going that far = chrome/mirror finish

polishing lubricant when using W&D = also FTW except not completely necessary

being a key-ring, it's gonna get pwnt by keys very fast, not much point in spending hours polishing that up to let it get destroyed by keys

Clear coat after you've polished it up will fix that.. then you can give it a quick sand then re-clear or polish the clear to get it nice n shiney again

I thought I would post in this thread instead of making a new one.. anyways I am going to pull the head off my fiat twin cam soon, do cams etc..

whats the best way to polish the head (the outside, I will prob get a pro port and polish), 2000 grit then autosol?

I also have a dremel, would this come in handy?

sorry for the thread hijack :)