Fuel parts

Flippy

It's my understanding that standard rubber fuel lines must have a braided outer if they're routed through the car, to stop them being accidentally cut. And rubbed grommets through any bulkheads.

Why would you route flexible fuel lines through the car?

Common sense and safety would say keep flexible fuel lines to a minimum, and run solid metal lines through the car (if you need them in the car (rally use?)

Its only braided brake lines that need the tags.

I'd talk to a hose doctor about fuel lines, before spending a bucketload on braided lines. (unless its all for show!)

I'm real terms there isnt a lot of difference between quality hose and braided hose (except for the price), according to the guy who did the fuel lines on my RX7, we only used Braided in the engine bay, for slightly better impact protection (exploding clutches and the like), for in service strength and fire resistance...there is nothing much between the two.

So that there's less chance of them getting cut. If you spend a lot of time on the loose stuff, this becomes much more of a possibility.

I think your missing the flexible part, your explanation could be solved by using solid fuel lines inside the car too

So that there's less chance of them getting cut. If you spend a lot of time on the loose stuff, this becomes much more of a possibility.

I think your missing the flexible part, your explanation could be solved by using solid fuel lines inside the car too

Good point. Why do they use flexible hose under the car, then? The only reason I can think of is for it to be a single piece, which might make sense for injected cars. Any other takers??

• 3 weeks later...