wheel bearing issues

phtmbl

i have just replaced a rear wheel bearing on my gto but still have play, i am assuming that the housing that the bearing sits in has become oversized.

has anyone heard of this before?

is there an easy way to fix this?

i do have another diff housing but dont really wanna do the whole change over thing if i can avoid it. :?

If the bearing is loose in the housing the only proper way to fix it is to machine it oversize and put a larger bearing in (will want to do both sides) or machine it out and scotch key a sleeve in, machined to the original diameter, loctiting or just bashing a bigger OD bearing in will not fix the problem properly or for the long term. Getting another diff housing will be the cheapest option. Either way, I'd double check to make sure you'v got the right bearing.

lucky for me the mechanic doing the wof let me pull it all down for him in front of him there was tiny tiny tiny little bit of rust particals in there so we cleaned it out put a few tiny pin dents all around the bearing housing and a verl little locktite to just help hold it in and all is alot better and he passed the wof and pretty much did it al for free i was thinking along the whole keyed sleve in the housing thou

Back in the old days they used to knurl it or pin punch it as was done for/by you. Also, one of the WOF inspectors at my old work said that he has used bog in the housing and pressed the bearing in with no further issues....

And he worked for VTNZ for many years!

Back in the old days they used to knurl it or pin punch it as was done for/by you. Also, one of the WOF inspectors at my old work said that he has used bog in the housing and pressed the bearing in with no further issues....

And he worked for VTNZ for many years!

thats absolutely disgusting.