blueees ex

macabre

looks tight, very tidy! do u get much heat on the bonnet and brake resiovors at all? any reason you put the water pump so far over? that turbo looks pretty big must go like fuck, my setup is very similar good to know i havent fucked anything up too much cos i been guessing my way really.

Theres a small amount of heat around mastercylinder and bonnet but doesnt cause any problems. I guessed on how everything would fit aswell. I had a fairly good idea on what worked and what didint as this is my second 4g63 turbo conversion. (the other 1 became parts). I like your idea of bringing the engine foward which allows more room @ back of engine and your gearlever to be on the correct place. I tapped firewall back very slightly and used L200 box that way i could use all factory mounts.

I'm a fan of this as well.... you've got Jap market Lancer tail light's in there huh? Time to find a matching front end and you're sorted.

The engine bay looks great, looks like a lot of care has been taken to get that looking, as well as performing right.

Theres a small amount of heat around mastercylinder and bonnet but doesnt cause any problems. I guessed on how everything would fit aswell. I had a fairly good idea on what worked and what didint as this is my second 4g63 turbo conversion. (the other 1 became parts). I like your idea of bringing the engine foward which allows more room @ back of engine and your gearlever to be on the correct place. I tapped firewall back very slightly and used L200 box that way i could use all factory mounts.
sweet, i thought it looked like you had more room at the front and less at the back but i couldnt tell. good to know that its not too hot, i guess the sheild and wrapping takes care of that.

Great work. I know a couple of guys thinking of doing the same conversion on their GTOs. Any chance of more photos showing the pain in the butt stuff at the back of the head? Also, is the paint standard mitsubishi, if so do you know the colour name and code?

Does anyone know of any cam angle sensor for the 4g63 that is located at the front of the head? I have read that a version of the RVR has one at the front, but I have not been able to confirm this. Can anyone confirm this and if so what year and model. Thanks.

Its factory blue paint. Dont know code or what its called. The turbo rvr has no cam angle sensor @ back of head. The 1 i worked on was a 1995 rvr. Yep jap turbo tail lights. Swaped a guy some standard ones for them. (score). If some one could point me in the right direction for a front kit that would be great. Pain in the butt stuff @ back of head is exactly that. Heat wrap is great stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep. Using a RS legacy fan as they are reasonably thin and fit in the gap well. It heats up if it goes round in circles for too long otherwise its really good. Im using a 1800gsr radiator as they are bigger than a standard 1.