mk5 cortina 2l flows

mk5corty

i think ive heard they are orange but i cant remeber where, photos would be great aye but if you cant be fucked then all good.

You can get orange/red or black which is standard option or for an extra $80 or so chrome.

Ill forgot they were in Welly so ill take some close up pics when I get home in a week.

i heard that chroming (not sure if its actualy chroming, and rather is treated or something and polished) lasts longer than any other heat resistant paint. heard that from a guy here in the bay, RScort knows him, john at vtr performance. anyone else know other?

i heard that chroming (not sure if its actualy chroming, and rather is treated or something and polished) lasts longer than any other heat resistant paint. heard that from a guy here in the bay, RScort knows him, john at vtr performance. anyone else know other?

its not polished at all. Thats a diff kettle of fish.

its electroplated on.

Chrome on hot exhaust manifolds is kinda dumb actually. It doesnt even stay chrome it goes purple almost the first time its used. Stupid idea. After bout 6months of use it will look ugly and want a hearty exhaust wraping but meh.

Chrome on hot exhaust manifolds is kinda dumb actually. It doesnt even stay chrome it goes purple almost the first time its used. Stupid idea. After bout 6months of use it will look ugly and want a hearty exhaust wraping but meh.

yea thats exactly what i was thinking. i think il go with that electroplating process, sounds like its gona last for ages and i no it looks as good as chrome but not as ricer etc

yea thats exactly what i was thinking. i think il go with that electroplating process, sounds like its gona last for ages and i no it looks as good as chrome but not as ricer etc

Electroplating IS chroming! Powder coating can be good to if done propaly.

As above. Electroplating is the way they attatch the chrome to the metal pipes or whatever they are chroming..

As above. Electroplating is the way they attatch the chrome to the metal pipes or whatever they are chroming..

ok lol that just confused me a bit. apparently it lasts for ages tho so whats this about it not lasting for long?

It last for ages as in it doesnt come off.

However it changes colour and starts to look ugly after a while. It goes kinda purpilish blue.

Also before you put them on and heat them for the first time you wanna clean them with Iso or sumthng otherwise ya fingerprints burn into them leaving a fingerprint mark forever in darkish purple/blue