what kind of turbo?

corrupt

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

anything off a 1800 to 2000cc motor shud work. the first suck through i used a old t3. vf10 or vf8 are good for suck through (i know u want blow through tho) becose you unbolt the alloy bend off the front and drill and tap holes to bolt on the carb ( like a su ) makes it simple. blow through is more complicated to do but can work. requires higher pressure fuel pump etc.

i wouldn't use a vf10 its too small IMO

i'd just look for a t3 off some eurotrash and use that.

and eke_zetec_RWD: the vf10/vf8 arn't any good for suck-thro because they run rubber seals insted of carbon so they stuff out REAL quick. (i made this mistake and ran one suckthro because i thought the same as you, easy to mount a su and i did)

whats the go with seals?

im gonna be running a blow thru setup, so what kind of seals do i need? are rubber ones ok? i only want to run low boost like 5-6 at this stage as the engine has standard internals. so far ive thought of vf10 or vf14 but i have no clue as ive never dealt with turbos before.

probably could

on a carb fed system it'd be gay though, i dont know why people bother going to the effort and running carby.

you can run mental boost if your fuel and timing is set up to suit. boost pressure is negligible, just that people dont tune engines to handle it.

4age turbo it. pintos are gay