2L Turbo Piazza Engines

Gaz

Yeah, there is only one. Open the lid, it's either going to be twin or single cam.

G200W - Twin cam 2lt EFI

G200Z - Single Cam 2lt EFI (chain) or 4ZC1 2lt Single Cam EFI (belt)

4ZC1-T - Single Cam 2lt EFT Turbo

That is all you will find in the Piazza. The pic I posted above shows what a 4Z series rocker cover looks like, to see a G200Z, have a look at either Defcon or My project threads.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chers bro. Yeah I havwe already sussed your guys project threads out.

Im really tossing it up at the mo. I could scrap the money togther if I do want it but itd make me broke for a few weeks.

If I could get it for $300 is it a good deal? Would you buy it? How comman are they and am I likely to see one pop up again?

Ok you guys just pretty much sold it to me.

Will go look tommorow night and yeah. Damn getting to many cars/projects.

This means stripping it this weekend also I supose damn it.

How rare are these? Whould you have got one if you could instead of your engine etc zep?

/

Only issue i can see is parts, if the engines a bit tired you'll really struggle to get anything for it. I know of a place in northland that sell pistons and rings for them, but as for a vrs or any of the bearings im unsure, just make sure that its in good nik. They're a great little engine in standard form.

Zep i think had intended a little more then what a stock 4zc1-t could offer, so his g161 is a pretty solid little build. If you serious about making power, then you may aswell just buy anyold g200 or 4zc1 and start from the ground up. Once you start putting forged pistons/ different turbos ect on/ in it, it doesnt really matter if it was initally a turbo motor or not.

Matt

Don't be led to believe the turbo blocks are bad, that is not the case. Just think of them as any 80s turbo car making 150hp. Can handle prolly up to about 15psi, should go well. Lots of people just keep them stock and are very happy with it.

I think you should do it and see, i'm sure you're sensible enough not to go blowing it up!

Don't be led to believe the turbo blocks are bad, that is not the case. Just think of them as any 80s turbo car making 150hp. Can handle prolly up to about 15psi, should go well. Lots of people just keep them stock and are very happy with it.

I think you should do it and see, i'm sure you're sensible enough not to go blowing it up!

Yes I was thinking of about 12PSI but with a slightly larger turbo. I didnt wanna go too much and starve the cunt for gas. Would really like to keep all the injectos etc standard if possiable but this could be hopefull. haha will be hopefull.

Went and had a look today at the car. The guy is foreign and wouldnt let me start the car cause had no battery. Just kept saying that he gives his gaurentee that it goes. What could I do? I couldnt say "well I dont believe you". He said the compression is very low but it was a real good motor and went real well with lots of power....

He seems to think it is just a minor thing wrong. I cant even turn the fucker on to diagnose it. It has only done 145000ks tho. My guess is that the cambelt has never been changed and it either jumped a tooth or dunno. He says it still goes but no power...

Good thing is that it is complete and the body is too fuct to repair. Means noone else would really buy it. Also has three mint newish tyres and some gayzor mags.

Bad thing is that its a gamble wether it has fucked pistons,rods,valves etc.

I am going to offer him $100 for it. That way if the engine is a write off then I still have an LSD diff and discs out of it plus whatever else I can sell of it like turbo and shit.

Yes that was my thoughts also. Cant loose.

If I do get it then it will have to go on the road untill the weekend when I can rip the engine out and put it under the house in one day. Will prob hit Mongol up to help and hook him a few beewars if he is keen

• 3 weeks later...

Hay there,

ive done a motor swap like you are talking about :D , 4zc1-t and gemini 5- speed and rear end,piazza front disk's(shit i thk) or where they gem, its been 4-5 years ago, garret T3 turbo , had to use the Camira intake and carb to fit it under the bonnet.

Chev1.jpg

Chev2.jpg

Brett.

Hay thanks,

Sorry for the poor pix had to scan them from pictures i had when i did the mods....yep still have the car, i stoped driving it for awhile when i had to many tickets but with the cost of gas now ill have another go. what a fun car abit under powered with a blow through carb and no intercooler.....the last picture is what it looked like with the 1256 in it, doesnt look that much diff now, abit lower and i used the piazza 14" mags.....Brett

chev4.jpg

chev5.jpg

car2.jpg