2L Turbo Piazza Engines

Gaz

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hay there,

Yep is abit strange, had to use or should i say wanted to use the Camira intake and carb,(bolt straight on) didnt want the 4ZC1-T intake poken through the bonnet, hasnt even got the computer, i use the camira pickup and coil/igniter , dont need a computer when you dont have injecters, so easy to setup.......BUT at the cost of power and fuel economy , hay but its still fun,the blow off valve comes off the yellow adopter i made to go over the carb intake(not shown in those pictures),

I used the Gemini radiator but its alittle small plus at the time i didnt fit the engine oil cooler as there's no room or id have to start cutting panels out.

Brett

This is the Dona car that i got the motor from, i was given it an i drove it home,it was at alltech on the shore as a job for a customer and was to dear for them to fix, had a broken turbo shalf, i had to put a ball point pen into the airflow meter flap to hold it open alittle to trick the comuter for some reason it new the turbo wasnt working and wouldnt go above idle, got it home out west and started pulling it apart, the car drove really nice,seemed quite a solid car......

look at all the shit under the bonnet........

Zep is right motor will go straight in a chevette using the Gemini mounts, i used the gem 5 speed as its smaller than the piazza, you need a isuzu Mu top gearbox Quadrant to bring the stick out the same hole,small mod to get it to fit to box but its easy as, made up a cross member as couldnt get what i wanted from the stock one, standard gem drive shalf,and gem diff from a wagon so the shocks bolt up the same, i used the chevette trailing arms( i thk) and the gemini front stabiliser bar fit's the chevette,

top diff is the little baby chevette one and the bottom is the Gemini

station Wagon ready to get put in at the time i did it.....

any question id be glad to try and help......

Brett

donacar.jpg

donamota.jpg

chevdif.jpg

gemdif.jpg

That's interesting about the MU shifter quadrant. Sounds like a cheap way to make a remote shifter for a gemini too!!

So the Gemini Gearbox fits in the Chevette no worries?

Hay,

at the time i was doing the conversion 5 years ago the gearbox quadrant was the most dearest single part, as i was on a budget as you are with a mortage.....but now its prob different.

i think in was 275 from a wreckers of neilson street in penrose.Strong Bros LTD.

just have to slot 2 of the mounting whole to line up with the gem box, easy.

YES the Gemini box fits in no worries and bolts straight up to the piazza.

when i was looking around for motors we come across a few cars called isuzu AsKa, they have a 4ZC1-t in them also but the gearbox bolt pattern is different,is front wheel drive, any way could be good for 4ZC1 owners for parts , Head etc.....if they are still around.

place out the airport Segedin Truck and Auto Parts, i got my pistons bearings gaskets etc from them.....

if i was going to do this again i would be looking at the 4ZD1 rodeo motor, its already 15% bigger without the turbo and think is the same size motor,

that would be even easyer to fit,im into less stress when it comes to a repower......

http://www.blairs.co.nz/petrol/petrol2.html

Brett

• 2 weeks later...

I just got offered a Piazza with the G200W DOCH engine for $80! This random maori fella just walked up to me at the servo and said he knew someone who wanted to sell one. I gave him my number and yeah they got in contact with me going to have a look tomorrow. They already said it goes awsome just rusty body could be a score.

Shit yeah man! Be sure to check out Poida's Twin Cam forum, they have all the part number and shit. I think pretty much the only thing you can't get anymore is a sump gasket, so just do a top end rebuild and you're away. Microtech even have a MAP for g200ws!!